V-power....wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-power....wtf?

Ok...at all the Shell stations down here they're calling their premium "V-power".
    What the hell does that mean?
    Its not higher octane or anything....and they've always been known for clean gas....
    Did some *** just up and decide to give it a new name? (not to mention string up tons of banners and flags around every station within 5 miles of me)
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

v-powa baby... thought you knew.

Comment

NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 13, 2003 - Shell Oil Products US, the marketer of the No. 1 selling gasoline brand in America, has selected New Orleans to test market Shell V-Power, its new premium-grade gasoline. Shell V-Power was developed by the Shell International Fuel Team, using years of expertise they’ve gained from formulating fuels for Ferrari’s Formula One racing team. Shell is introducing Shell V-Power to give customers quicker response for improved acceleration during the engine’s warm-up phase, when most hesitation occurs
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Wow, that sounds tEh lAme :D
        Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
          v-powa baby... thought you knew.
          Guess I'm just not in the know

Comment

Interesting.. they are the #1 selling gasoline brand and I've NEVER had it in my car or even considered it lol.
            00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

It's all I use.
              Plus I've got my shell card that gets me 5% off.
              But all the big car nuts Ive ever been around say its the best stuff for keepin the engine clean and such.

Edit-Also theirs a shell station close to me that has premium for 1.97...can't beat that when everywhere else is almost 10 cents higher.

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
                Interesting.. they are the #1 selling gasoline brand
                Yeah, funny isn't it? Funny how Shell is #1 selling when ExxonMobil utterly dominates North American sales by a landslide margin. ExxonMobil must get that huge advantage by selling in Mexico and Canada. Eh?

Comment

I use chevron which is exxonmobil.

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
                    I use chevron which is exxonmobil.
                    Chevron has no affiliation with ExxonMobil.

Comment

shrug then my boss when I worked for chevron was an idiot lol

Comment

Chevron merged with Texaco... maybe he got them mixed up. :D

Texaco and Shell had a joint venture in selling gasoline and with the merger Texaco gave their gas stations to Shell. Silly oil companies.

Comment

Nah he owned a chevron station and it used to be exxon.

Comment

ok, i was wondering, cause the Texaco down my street, where i always filled up, has recently turned to a Shell. They were in a lawsuit, so i thought it was jsut a name change to get out of the lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
                              ok, i was wondering, cause the Texaco down my street, where i always filled up, has recently turned to a Shell. They were in a lawsuit, so i thought it was jsut a name change to get out of the lawsuit.
                              It was part of the merger agreement when Chevron merged with Texaco. They had to divest themselves of a substantial portion of the Texaco-branded gas stations. Most of them turned into Shells.

Interestingly enough, Texaco gas stations are partially owned by Saudi Aramco. Can you guess which national oil company that is?
                              ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X