Ruling on the Pledge of Allegiance Overturned - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruling on the Pledge of Allegiance Overturned

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruling on the Pledge of Allegiance Overturned

The ruling to that the phrase "Under God" be taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance was overturned this morning. Due to the fact the the parent(the father) wasn't the custodial parent and didn't have legal standing to make a motion on his childs behalf.

Personally I think it was ludicrous to declare the phrase unconstitutional in the 1st place. Seeing that our creator is mentioned several times in the Preamble to the Constitution and several other governmental documents. The next thing you know one of these idiot judges will rule the Constitution is Unconstitutional... :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry.. I just read it..... However this nation was infact founded on Christian Principals if you don't believe it check out the Articles of Government, as well as some of the personal writings of John Adams, and some of the other Founding Fathers... ;)

[ June 14, 2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Timbo1969 ]
    2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

A glimmer of hope/common sense from the cess pool of the left coast.
    The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

not for you, directed towards cali
      The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Whoa there killer, I don't think that it's in the Constitution. Double check on that one.
        <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Anyone here actually read the Constitution?
          Neither the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights discuss a higher being of any sort.
          The preamble does discuss the creator; that is all.

With that said, I think that FORCING people to say the pledge of alliegance is WRONG. Whether it be because they dont believe in God, they dont believe in the pledge, or because they hate this country. I dont care why they dont want to say it... we shouldnt force anyone to say something.
          I also think that, yes having God in there is a bit of an infringement on peoples' rights. Therefore people shouldnt say it if they dont want to.
          WE SHOULD NOT CHANGE IT THOUGH. I dont believe this b/c I think this nation is a "christian nation" its not. Instead, I think that changing something that is a few hundred years old is silly... its part of the American tradition and should stay that way. People who dont want to take part in this tradition dont have to... thats one of the great things about America. However, not all people in authority believe in our American freedoms and believe that people have the right to force other people to do something. What next? We're all forced to fly the flag and we're all forced to attend a fireworks celebration on July 4th?

Comment

I'm going to stay quiet.. my religious posts seem to get people extremely pissed.

I'll just say this: There is no God... or at least I believe so... and this country was founded on beliefs of not forcing people to participate in religion or forced to pray to a higher being...

What's the point of keeping this on there?

But... on the other hand, we've grown accustomed to this. All of our money says "In God We Trust"... should we change all our money?

... actually yes.
            2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
            Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
              All of our money says "In God We Trust"... should we change all our money?

... actually yes.
              :rolleyes:

I'm glad athiests like you never end up with any sort of political power.

Comment

What's wrong with taking it off money if we take it out of the pledge?
                Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Whether you believe in a god or not, it's a small price to pay for freedom. Don't like it? Move to another country see how they treat you and what rules you have to abide
                  ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

You know, I believe it's perfectly fine to skip over the "God" part if that offends you. I also think that it's fine for you to stand there during the pledge and keep your mouth shut. What I don't think is fine is taking the pledge or any portion of it away from the people who don't get so easily offended. We let you talk about Athiesm and don't take you to court to get you to stop, so why can't it be "live and let live"?

Anyone else notice this trend?
                    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Yeah, let's go ahead and make new pledges with the word ****** in it. I mean.. it's just ******. You don't have to say it if you're black.

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
                        Yeah, let's go ahead and make new pledges with the word ****** in it. I mean.. it's just ******. You don't have to say it if you're black.
                        Thats a stupid point. Has God been used as a hateful term EVER?
                        Dont trivialize the controversy around the word ****** nor miscategorize the role of religion in society by making a false analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli:
                          Thats a stupid point. Has God been used as a hateful term EVER?
                          Dont trivialize the controversy around the word ****** nor miscategorize the role of religion in society by making a false analogy.
                          Wow. I agree with Machiavelli for once.

Well said.

Comment

Stefan, dont lie - I know your libertarian ideals led you to agreeing w/ my previous post as well. ;)

Comment

Wow, thanks Skapimp. That was a really helpful post. Didn't know you were offended by the word God so much as to compare it to that other word. Hmmm, I'm almost at a loss for words. You know you're really giving Atheists a bad name. I don't care if you agree with me or not, but I hope you lose some of the immaturity you've shown around here lately.
                              Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X