Speeding Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding Ticket

Does anybody know the "rule" of speeding ticket. I am not worried about how it affects insurance.. what i am trying to find out is.. how long does a speeding ticket stay on driving record? (or how far back they look)... is there any limit of how many tickets you are allowed to get in a time preiod.. like if you get too many if DMV will suspend your license... things like that.

Thanks.

It varies by state. Typically, a speeding ticket stays on your record for three years. Every moving violation has a point value associated with it - running a stopy sign is 1 point. 20 over is like 3 (your state laws my vary). After accumulating a certain amount of points, your license can be revoked or suspended. I think in NY, it is 15 points.

Maybe someone else from Teja can fill in the actual numbers for you.

A defensive driver class adds points back to your license and gives you a break on our insurance. I think the class adds 3 points and can be taken every 18 months.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I found this. Hope it helps.

The Texas Driver Responsibility law establishes a system that assigns points to moving violations classified as Class C misdemeanors and applies surcharges to offenders, based on the type of offense and the time period in which the citation was received. For each conviction, DPS will assign points to a person’s license as follows:

Two points for a moving violation conviction in Texas or that of another state. Points will not be assigned for speeding less than 10% over the posted limit or seat belt convictions. Three points for a moving violation conviction in Texas or another state that resulted in a vehicle crash. Points remain on the driver record for a period of three years.

Habitual Offender: A person who receives 4 or more moving violations in a period of 12 months, or 7 or more moving violations in a period of 24 months, is subject to having their license suspended.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

if you get 3 speeding tickets within 18 months..or 11 points within 18 months..your license will be revoked for 6 months..tickets stay on your DMV record (where your insurance gets them from) for 40 months
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

ouch i just hit my 3rd speeding ticket in 12 months..... but in like 4 days, one is outside the 12 months...... if u take differed does it still count?

Comment

Rules vary by state Im a Nashville Police officer. Yippy
            \"I told you on your first day that I was your whole family, I am your new Mother! If you maggots don\'t start getting your sh_t together, I will be forced to make myself a childless Mother!\" <br />-Multiple Unknown USMC Drill Instuctors

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X