Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, a modded car with an MSRP of $180K not including the cost of upgrades could only pull that on a stock C6 Z06? This isn't something to brag about!
    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

While 1st gens do not have the slickest front ends, they are capable of high speeds. I'm sure the 68's extra 400 plus hp will overcome the aerodynamic issues. Read this

http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/113_0504_red/

AMG = over priced heavy barge
      69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

You all crack me up.

It is a simple race.... the one with the most toys won.

Plain and simple.

Granted.... I kinda like MB's

As for AMG being over priced barge.... riiiight... get in one and drive one [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by Den69RS96:
          AMG = over priced heavy barge
          [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] i did read an article from car &driver looking at the C6 Z06 and calling euro cars snobby over priced under performing cars :D [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] -but serisouly those cars are rolling technology pieces and can still haul ***, the Carrera GT has patents pending from what I remember from a show testing it. so now they are just overpriced [img]tongue.gif[/img] jk.
          Looking at it from a strictly performance stand point I agree with L32 but ur getting everything rapped into one car which is nice if u want that plus hauling 4500 lbs is no ez task.

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
          It is a simple race.... the one with the most toys won. Plain and simple.
          yep , and how much u are willing to spend
          -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

the benz probably had a full car load of people and a months worth of grocerys in it along with all the gizmos and gadgets they come with(gps, tanning bed, taco bell) and still perform very well.
            <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by RicE-ter:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              yep , and how much u are willing to spend </font>[/QUOTE]See sig.... nuff said ;)

Comment

68 maro = aerodynamic's of a brick house
                right.

that's why many fixed up '68 Cams are 7-second cars.

it'll turn the pretentious smirk of a BMG driver into a scowl, very quickly.

with engine bays large enough to hold any GM motor, late 60's Cams get my full respect

[ November 05, 2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: kinetic ]

Comment

I would just like to point out the obvious, put exhaust and flash the Z06 exactly what the benz had, and the Z06 woulld have won. So actually Chevy is greater.
                  2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

yeah, that race looked weak. a 2001 lingentfelter 427TT C5 would've beaten the sh!t out of that benz, for probably an even cheaper price tag.

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RicE-ter:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                      yep , and how much u are willing to spend </font>[/QUOTE]See sig.... nuff said ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Oh i wasnt talking directly to u- u sed the one with more toys won, i merely was agreeing and sorta generally saying the winner typically is decided by who is willing to spend more.
                      -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

OK I not trying to start any wars between chevy and mercedes. Obviously MB has a entirely different market than Chevy does. However, from a performance stand point it cracks me up. Yes its fast, but I guess I expect a $190,000 car to destroy a $70000 car. Thats why I'm not impressed. You could buy two z06's and still have money left over to buy a blower and exhaust for each one. I guess I'm not impressed by all the bling of of the MB.
                        69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

This is a priceless thread.

2 cars raced
                          1 car won

Now the excuses come out of the woodwork for the car/ manufacturer that lost. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And kinetic..... yes... aerodynamic's of a brick... sure they can run 7's... that's a given! Put enough power through ANYTHING and it can run those ET's Now.... factor in aerodynamics and the car becomes more stable and MPH increases [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm gonna have to give MB its credit here. Sure it barely won for 2.5x the price. But MB's arnt only performance. Technologically MB dwarfs the vette, way more luxurious too. You arnt only paying for performance, your paying for pedegry

[ November 06, 2005, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: 95fbirdkid ]
                            RedlineVSix

Comment

Now the excuses come out of the woodwork for the car/ manufacturer that lost. [img]smile.gif[/img]

not excuses, just deductive reasoning; twin turbo v12 vs. na V8, right?

what do you think the outcome would be if the vette was also twin-turbo? ;)

you said the 'vette got stomped, and it really doesn't look like a stomping to the rest of us who replied.

Comment

No 2 cars raced and 1 won, but the 1 that won was modded! Given the same mods the Corvette would have won!
                                2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X