Think outsourcing is a big deal? Read This. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think outsourcing is a big deal? Read This.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think outsourcing is a big deal? Read This.

Here it is:
    http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...tra/P86247.asp
    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

I got laid off when dell outsourced to india
    2001 arctic white M5 Camaro<br />↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a start

Comment

Originally posted by Tsaroth:
      I got laid off when dell outsourced to india
      That sucks, but aren't they now re-sourcing (in-sourcing?) back to America because Americans got sick of trying to translate Indian accents during tech support?

Comment

I'm familiar with dell tech support.. still have indian accents. I can barely understand them.
        2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
        Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Several factories around this area have outsourced to other countries. Each one was on the local news. All of them have outsourced in the last year 1/2 to two years. I remember one was a travel call center and two were manufacturing plants. I cannot remember what the others were. Outsourcing just plan sucks. I feel so sorry for the people that lost their jobs. I know the one manufacturing plant that moved out, the mayor of the town stated something like "The next manufacturing business that we ask to come in, we will try and make sure that they're more concerned with having quality American made goods instead of taking there business over seas for cheaper wages and less quality". He also stated something about how businesses move over seas and yet the prices stay the same for the consumer.
          2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
          5 speed
          Project: Unreal
          Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
          2007 Chevy Aveo 5
          Mods K&N air filter:excited:
          www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Oh, they never said it was to benefit the consumer, just to increase their profits. Just how it is, everyone's out to make a buck.
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe:
              That sucks, but aren't they now re-sourcing (in-sourcing?) back to America because Americans got sick of trying to translate Indian accents during tech support?
              All official business and public education is done in English in India. I've never spoke to any of them, but considering they've spoken English almost as long as you have it can't be that bad.
              ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Dojo2000:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wannabe:
                All official business and public education is done in English in India. I've never spoke to any of them, but considering they've spoken English almost as long as you have it can't be that bad. </font>[/QUOTE]Actually it can be. Have you ever talked to people who took ESL classes? If you speak 1 language 12hrs a day and another 5hrs a day, which do you think would win?
                <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

Ya I mow lawns for a living I won't have to worry about being outsourced..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by L32Projekt:
                    Oh, they never said it was to benefit the consumer, just to increase their profits. Just how it is, everyone's out to make a buck.
                    Along with helping their profits, usually allows to lower the cost fo the product, which helps the consumer.

Outsourcing is a little exaggerated.
                    they are usually jobs that will be replaced with soemthing else. It sucks, but overall for he economy it usually helps.

think back to when robots and machinery were taking over people's jobs. Everyone thought the economy was worried about losing their jobs. More jobs were created, and the economy has done nothing but get alot stronger from it.

Same with computers, tons of jobs taken away with computers coming in. Now tons of jobs have been created because computers are everywhere.

With outsourcing some jobs new jobs will be created and overall the economy usually comes out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by camaroincal:
                      Ya I mow lawns for a living I won't have to worry about being outsourced..LOL
                      Is it outsourcig if people higher illegal immigrants?

Comment

I work at Dish for tech support. I get compliments all the time I speak English really well for someone in India. :rolleyes:
                        94\' Quasar Blue Camaro - Gone<br />---New ride---<br />98 Silvermist GTP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X