Bored at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored at work

Its 2:25, I finished the last of my ultra-critical projects for this week, have gotten yelled at enough to last another few months, and am afraid to go upstairs to ask the Finance Department trolls if they need any more help with the inventory reconciliation they've been beating us over the head with. The other three people in my department are already gone for the day (for good reasons) and my boss has been in and out of meetings all day. I normally get in at 7:30 and leave at 4:00... should I take off early? I've just been surfing the web for the past hour...

I'm worried about getting yelled at though, I've been kinda slack this week and I think they're paying attention (leaving at 2:00, taking hour+ long lunch breaks...).

Aaaargh, one hour and 33 minutes more!

Guess I'll take smoke break number 17 for the day...

Fun fun..
    New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

That's why I just left. I just launched a new website for my company and told them I'm done for the week.

They can go to hell. I maintain five different websites for them...I have about five bosses, and not one other person in the "Internet Department" helps me. I am the frickin Internet Department.

Ahh, that felt good. Thanks for making this topic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
        Its 2:25, I finished the last of my ultra-critical projects for this week, have gotten yelled at enough to last another few months, and am afraid to go upstairs to ask the Finance Department trolls if they need any more help with the inventory reconciliation they've been beating us over the head with. The other three people in my department are already gone for the day (for good reasons) and my boss has been in and out of meetings all day. I normally get in at 7:30 and leave at 4:00... should I take off early? I've just been surfing the web for the past hour...

I'm worried about getting yelled at though, I've been kinda slack this week and I think they're paying attention (leaving at 2:00, taking hour+ long lunch breaks...).

Aaaargh, one hour and 33 minutes more!

Guess I'll take smoke break number 17 for the day...
        It's weird. The parking garage was mostly empty here this morning, and we don't have any state workers. Oh, for those of you not in New York State, our Governor Pataki decided to give all state workers the day off to mourn President Reagan. Now, I understand he was a great President, but can't they mourn on their own time? I read that it's costing New York State 47 million dollars to give them the day off -- and I didn't get my god damned mail.

But anyway, I'm going off on a tangent. I'm sort of bored too. Boss is out of the office, all my work is done, so I'm surfing the web and thinking about getting a GTO. ;)

That is, before you came along and CRUSHED MY DREAMS!!!

:mad:

Comment

17 cigarette breaks a day? Maybe if you are so worried about getting yelled at maybe you should cut back on that a day... thats almost an hour and a half of smoke breaks.

I have two letters to compose then I am out for the day. Probably be out around 2.30... came in at 9:30. Pretty easy day.

Comment

Well I got the day off from work. "Mission essential personnel only". I love those words.
            98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan:
              "Mission essential personnel only". I love those words.
              You shouldn't. Its an old trick.

HR Department sends out a company-wide e-mail:

"Due to worsening storm conditions, all non-essential personnel may go home early."

Then they sit with binoculars and watch the parking lot, making a note of who leaves. The easiest round of layoffs ever.

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Leave early and go see Michael Moore's new movie [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Yea really 17 smoke breaks is alot.. I smoked alot while at work, but not that much.
                  New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
                    17 cigarette breaks a day? Maybe if you are so worried about getting yelled at maybe you should cut back on that a day... thats almost an hour and a half of smoke breaks.
                    Are you kidding?

On the way to the lobby and elevators (I'm on the fifth floor) I always see someone who asks what the status is on such-and-such. I say I forwarded the question on to so-and-so and to bug them. Either that or "whoops, thank you for reminding me, with all the [insert special project here] work our group has been doing this week it completely slipped my mind!".

Then on the smoke break out front there are always several coworkers who are complaining about something or other. Then about every third time someone asks me a work-related question... I get pissy because if I wanted to do "work" I would be in my office. I usually finish with "re-send me that e-mail and we can go from there". It usually ends up in my deleted items folder.

Then after about three cigarettes (15 minutes) I'll stop by the men's room and then the coffee machine on the way back in. I think the unlimited free coffee is why I haven't quit even though I've been reporting directly to the slavedriver VP for about two months now. The coffee is actually quite good. Yet a lot of my coworkers go to Starbucks before work, for lunch, and once in the afternoon--typically spending $15 or more a day just on coffee. :eek: No, thank you.

By the time I get back to my office and reply to the e-mails and voice mails I received while I was on my break someone will stop by and say "hey, I need to discuss [insert project here]. Want go talk about it over a smoke?" I say "sure!".

All that for $25 an hour plus benefits. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nathan:
                      "Mission essential personnel only". I love those words.
                      You shouldn't. Its an old trick.

HR Department sends out a company-wide e-mail:

"Due to worsening storm conditions, all non-essential personnel may go home early."

Then they sit with binoculars and watch the parking lot, making a note of who leaves. The easiest round of layoffs ever.

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                      </font>[/QUOTE]yeah, but he's military - when they tell them to leave, they leave [img]smile.gif[/img] they've had about 4 weekends off in 3 months, so i love when he gets friday off!

as for me, my day was relatively boring - my boss was at a lunch/meeting for half the day... now that it's getting towards the end of it, he calls me and I"m sitting on the other end of the phone typing this waiting for him to figure out what the hell he wants to talk about... it's trying my patience... and he's my dad!!!!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                      ... blonde moments happen to the best of us...

Comment

Watch Office Space on the company's DVD player in the conference room... =P

Comment

I can't. They'll take my red Swingline stapler if I leave it unattended.

(No, I am not kidding, I do have a red Swingline stapler right here on my desk. Its quite a hit around here. Everyone wants to borrow it but I say no and clutch it dearly.)

Comment

I think I'm going to pull a Wally and just walk around with a cup of coffee for a bit.

Comment

glad i don't have an office job [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X