once again political correctness claims another victim - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

once again political correctness claims another victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• once again political correctness claims another victim

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

*rant*
    wtf, it seems like now every time somebody says something that pisses off one group or another they have to suddenly make a press announcement procliaming how sorry they are. Usually because somebody has been "offended". What's with people these days. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how somebody has been offended. Who cares it's part of life. I swear people just get all wound up just to get their face on tv. Then we have certain "political figures" who feel the need to get in the middle of the situation and fan the flames so they can get their face back in the spotlight, in the end all these @ssholes do is cause more problems. And for all those people who are always demanding a friggin apology nobody ever means that crap it's just done for the cameras, the same reason the "offended group" is up in arms it's all part of a big show.

In this particular case I could really care less about Jimmy Kimmel, yeah he was funny in the man show and I saw a few parts of his talk show and they were ok, no better or worse than anyone else doing latenight talk shows, so I'm not necessarily a supporter of his nor do I put down what he does, but crap, when is this gonna end?

People need to quit acting like 5yr olds every time they get their "feelings" hurt because some bad man said something that made them cry. God people grow a pair and get on with life.

I don't know that I have ever made more than a handful of politically charged posts on this site but at the moment I just felt the need. Thank you for reading.

/rant
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

HAHA i just had a brilliant idea (or maybe it just seems brilliant because i'm tired) but you should say to people how it offends you that people have to be so politically correct, maybe they'll go on TV and apologize :D
    White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks:
      HAHA i just had a brilliant idea (or maybe it just seems brilliant because i'm tired) but you should say to people how it offends you that people have to be so politically correct, maybe they'll go on TV and apologize :D
      I will not propogate the conspiracy!..

[img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

God people grow a pair and get on with life.
        I think you need to appologize to those whining babies in Detroit.
        www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

So he said:

"They're going to burn the city of Detroit down if the Pistons win, and it's not worth it."

I don't see how that is offensive.

Comment

I like your idea TRUNKS. And seriously people, haven't you heard the saying "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me." ???
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

The USA is filled with cry babies, all you can do is laugh at them even harder when they complain.

It's like if you ask a black man to go with you to KFC, immediately you are racists because you asked him to eat chicken.

Just like when they changed the name of the Marquette Warriors to the Golden Eagles, because the Indians didn't like being called warriors.

Just like the people that want to get rid of the word GOD on the US currency. And remove it from the pledge of allegiance.

My point is... that there is too many idiots in the world that have no skills and have nothing better to do than try to sue everyone. All we can do is laugh at them and spit in there face. They will eventually shut up and get a life.

Like these whiney middle age men who want families. They expect their children to grow up just like them. They center their life around wanting a family. There is nothing special about having a family, any bum man can go get a bum girlfriend and make babies. Making babies isnt an achievement, its brining another life into the world that you are responsible to make sure of their saftey and well being by law! If you think you are going to bring a child in because you want someone just like you, then most likely you are bringing a burden onto yourself.

I know how most dads are... "My son will drive mustangs, and get good grades, and listen to bruce springstien. My sons will be just like me" and if they arnt, I will be an as.s to them!

I hate to break it to most of the population, but your sons and daughters are human beings too, its funny how parents try to make it sound like they own their kin, like they were some sort of property. Instead of parents teaching there children to become grown ups, they teach them to be cry babies just like theirselvs.

I think this touchy, squish lovel dovey family feeling has hit america so hard that its turning everyone into cry babies.

OMG, my son saw Janet Jackson's titty! Im suing everyone, I don't want my son to see female anatomy. He might start like to women! OMG, my son might be straight now!

Look at how many men are out in the world that are so insecure. Afriad to talk to females! We got men that have trouble letting women go. Its pathetic, if my g/f left me tommorrow id be sad, but, i wouldnt stalk her, and beat up her new boyfriend. Thats just silly, since there is millions of other women out there. But again and again I see men out there who hang on to a single women that they bearly know. 35-40 year old men having high school like crushes. It's sickening.
              Everytime I see a man hang on a girl that aint even his, and the girl you can tell is not interested, it makes me pissed off, why cant they just share without throwing a fit? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Why is it that so many men these days want to get married and hang onto a single woman? At such a young age? I'v seen couples that bearly know eachother getting married immediately then devorcing! I'v seen men try so hard to be with a women, even though the man is boring, uninteresting and has no hobbies, and the man cant understand why women strays away from him. It's obviously, you have to keep a relationship exiciting. But I guess it all fits into order, ditsy men marry ditsy women. Smart men marry smart women!

[ June 11, 2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: BirdOfPrey01 ]

Comment

Holy crap, are you kidding me? I can't even see why that's offensive. I would understand this kind of reaction if he had said something like, "Detroit is full of welfare-mongers and crackbabies." THAT'S an offensive statement. What he said doesn't even register. (For the PC police record - no I don't believe my offensive statement). I agree that people in this country are way too easily offended and react far too strongly for the situation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X