This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on guys (and gals)

What is really going on with this site?? I mean every day there are like 5 threads a day about V8 swaps and people making threads about wishing they had a V8 fbody.

Is it REALLY that bad that most of us on here don't have V8 models? Some of the things I have heard on this site have really turned me off to it, to the point where I don't even post anymore.

There is nothing wrong with these cars with the V6 motor. Lots of parts are available and they are getting cheaper every day.

To make my point, look at the performance options 2 years ago, when Procharger kits weren't available and neither were any of the turbo kits, at least not readily: thus off the shelf.

I knew what the V6 wasn't nearly as powerful as the LT1 or LS1 and I didn't care then and I don't care now. I bought the car I wanted. And with basic bolt ons like full exhaust, intake, and computer tuning, you can have a quick and fast 3.8 liter.

Of course fast is realtive to the person modifying the car, but let's be realistic. 250-300 hp is more than enough in daily driving.\

This is the only real V6 board SPECIFICALLY for us sixers. F U C K fbody.com I think it's time we put our money in these cars and start making real numbers [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

<rant>
    Okay thanks for that, but in general, people start off with the V6 as a starter, stick around for a few years, and then upgrade to the V8. Either that or they own the V6 because they don't WANT the power and fuel consumption of a V8, therefor they don't heavily mod them.

250-300hp might be enough for some people, and not enough for others. That amount of power isn't acheived easily through a V6, to where as a V8 has at least that much stock. Why not look up to it? There are no new ground breaking V6 motors that GM is putting out that fit in our cars to dream about.

We know there are performance options, there are plenty of us using them. YOU may not be, but WE are putting our money into these cars and ARE making real numbers. Stick around for a while and you might actually see what quite a few of us are doing.

And for the record, basic bolt ons like full exhaust, intake, and computer tuning won't make a quick and fast 3.8L. It will make a slightly faster than stock 3.8L. Be realistic, it won't be 250-300hp.

</rant>
    -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

I've had my 3.4 now for 8 years and am about to turn over 160k miles. I've done a few upgrades, some for maintenance reasons and some just to make the car more fun to drive. Anyway, I don't plan on getting rid of it but I'm not about to sink all kinds of money into the present V6 either. Eventually when the motor goes or it becomes too unreliable for a daily driver it will get parked and more than likely an LT1 will be bought, built and transplanted. At that point I won't care about the gas mileage because it will become a pure pleasure vehicle.
      1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

It's peer pressure, to have a bigger e-penis. It's all over the car scene's message boards.

HP + ET != penis size, people.

Honestly, when my car gets high on miles, I'll probably swap, in order to not rebuild the 3.8 under my hood, and to gain some of the fun back, that by that time, I'll probably have lost. I'm glad I bought my car, and started with a V6 though, it's in damn fine shape, near mint. Have you seen most used LT1's? They have been ragged to hell and back.

BUT if/when I do it, it will be because I want too, not too fit in with a certain crowd.
        <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

I was on here a lot before, but I lost my old password. I was 97 30th RS.

My point is this, no matter the amount of power than these cars come with stock compared to V8's,there is no real reason to trade the car in for a V8 model.

Performance is, like I said relative. I also didn't ever say that you would get 60 hp out of an intake and exhaust, I said those munbers as reference to daily driving. 200 hp stock will do the job 9 out of 10 times driving to work and competing for lanes on the highway.

It sounds to me like you all have pipe dreams of huge, unstreetable power to get you rocks off.

And ASDF1234, I am fully aware of all the pioneers that have left this dismal board, like Tiago and Batman, who have some of the fastest 3.8 liters around. And thanks to the flaming on this site they are long gone. People expecting turbo kits to be ready and mailed in a matter of a few weeks, then complain about the quality. I was on Tiago's side 110%.

Instead of whining like a school girl about V8 insurance and all the other lame *** excuses why people can't afford the V8 cars, I decided to take action, and with my last year tax return I put my car back on the bottle and I am now going to pull the entire top end and get everything ported and polished at the local shop.

With all the bolt ons and the bottle I expect somewhere around 350 or so, depending on how crazy I get with the shot.

And with ebay having everything a person could ever want to make their 3.8 motor fast, there are no more excuses to not build a 3.8 liter instead of a V8.

Comment

It sounds to me like you all have pipe dreams of huge, unstreetable power to get you rocks off.
            Hipocrite.

Read posts better, you've missed the point of not only yours, but ours as well.
            <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

Reading clear english not your strong suite Rabid?

I obviously meant that you whiny *****es and your V8 pipe dreams are all lame.

I have already said elsewhere that fast is not fast to other people. I am not comparing the motors against each other, I am saying that doing V8's is not the only way to get real performance.

I am saying this and if you don't get it then I don't have the words.

There is no reason anymore to buy a Z28. If you want Z28 performance buy a turbo for your V6 car. If you want more then upgrade the motor.

It really is truly pathetic that the V6 fbody "community" is full of people that in general are not happy with their cars, like they are not some of the nicest and cleanest cars out there.

The compliments I get for my RS are all greatly appreciated and the stupid ****s who think it isn't a "real" camaro get put in their place, on the road and in person.

If the good luck of owning ANY fbody isn't good enough then sell it. How much more simple can it get???

Comment

I &lt;3 my car.

I dont see whats wrong with people wanting to upgrade though. I will eventually, but i plan on keeping the 6 also.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Compared to the cost of significantly increasing the output of a V6, not to mention the possibility of decreased longevity, it is just as inexpensive, if not cheaper, to convert the car to a V8 (especially if going with an automatic) or trade it in on a V8 model.

I don't make excuses for owning a V6. I'm happy with my car and it gets me around every day. Some days I wish for more power and other days I'm glad it's not there. Not everyone shares your "like it or leave it" devotion to the V6 Fbody though 97 RS. Wanting a V8 is an economically viable alternative to a heavily modified V6, why should there be a problem with people who choose to go this route to satisfy their quest for more power?
                  1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

If you don't like the "pathetic" members here, then leave, or ignore us.

I love my v6, but I don't give two squats what anyone thinks about what I put under the hood.

[ October 26, 2005, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Rabid Dog ]

Comment

Originally posted by 97 RS:
                      There is no reason anymore to buy a Z28. If you want Z28 performance buy a turbo for your V6 car. If you want more then upgrade the motor.
                      You truely are ignorant. There are many reasons to chose a Z28 over a V6. Have you read anything about all of the problems there are when turbocharging our cars?

And as for the rest of your posts, you're completely contradicting your first post.

Requesting an admin to lock this thread, for reasons that don't really need to be stated.
                      -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

97 RS I know how you feel. Most of the members here are young kids who can't afford a V8, so they settled for 2nd best.

I bought my bird brand new. Compare to the Z28, TA line up, this black bird was the best looking one.

It performs well in the street and it's been very reliable. I have no regret buying a V6. I would buy it again in a heart beat.

Can I afford a V8, of course, but I'm happy with my V6.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I love my V6. This car is awesome.

What's wrong with dreaming of owning a twin turbo T/A?

I'm a 'whiny *****' that's going to buy a low-mileage LS1 in a short period of time.

It's much more economical than dumping money into my current car to see it break.
                          2000 M5 Pewter Firebird [Monsoon stereo]<br /><a href=\"http://www.centerlinewheels.com/sub_wheel.php?mw_id=2\" target=\"_blank\">16\" Centerline Galaxy Wheels</a> . <a href=\"http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/\" target=\"_blank\">Headlight fix</a> . Under dash lighting . Dashmat . Headlight conversion<br />84k miles<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tucsonbird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a><br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

But you know, as time go by our cars get more and more outdated. Pretty soon my 3.8 would be just like my 2.8.

But I'll still be pimping it.

The only V8 I would buy would be 68 Firebird with 400ci. Don't have to worry about Calif. emission.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I own a V6 and I am happy with it.....for now. I want a V8 but I cant afford it. There are many reasons to go with a V8 over a V6.

V8 leads to MORE MUSCLE [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

There is nothing wrong with wanting to own a V8. Just because YOU are turned off of them, doesn't mean WE have to get turned off of them.
                              -Rick<br /><br />Bright White \'95 Firebird Convertible 3.4L A4 - Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back, Zexel Torsen Posi-traction, Black Checkered Stripes, Clear Corners, Misc. Appearance Mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2077741</a> <br /><br />AIM ID: AxSlane

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X