OMG someone has got to try this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG someone has got to try this

I was just reading my popular science mag and came across an article about a man in India that has supposedly figured out a way to get more power and gas mileage out of your engine with just a dremel tool. I checked the popsci site and didn't find the article so I guess they haven't put it up yet. Just go to a news stand and read it. The guy cuts small grooves into the cylinder head to create more turbulence inside the compression chamber to help mix the air and fuel. Sounds like a great weekend project to do. Maybe if I remember when the time comes for my rebuild I will give it a shot. Someone has got to try this on their car. If I had the tools I would do it this weekend but I don't . Input please. Do you gear heads out there think he could be on to something?
    95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

i have a feeling someone will try this and it's gonna fcuk the engine up badly.
    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

yeah, I'll do it on your car... but not on mine.
      2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

So one guy in india found a way to improve power by gouging a nick into your cylinder head?

And this is much better then teams of engineers working and spending tons of money on getting more power and efficiency out of motors for the last century. Because what company doesn't want to have a more powerful and fuel efficient car?

What car is he doing this on in india, a 66 bug or something?

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
          So one guy in india found a way to improve power by gouging a nick into your cylinder head?

And this is much better then teams of engineers working and spending tons of money on getting more power and efficiency out of motors for the last century. Because what company doesn't want to have a more powerful and fuel efficient car?

What car is he doing this on in india, a 66 bug or something?
          My thoughts exactly

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

accualy this does work, but there is a safer way

you can buy forged pistons with what looks like little drips in a patteren on it, this turns the air and mixes it better, i seen a article with pics ill have to figure out what mag it was in
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

hense when porting intake ports, you dont make them smooth, you want slightly rough walls, increasing air turbulance and mixing the air and fuel together better.

i thought this was common knowledge?

Comment

I have heard of something like this before, a few years ago. Some have done what is called "dimpling" to the intake manifolds and cylinder heads. It is supposed to create turbulence within the combustion chamber, mixing the air and fuel more efficiently.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

hense when porting intake ports, you dont make them smooth, you want slightly rough walls, increasing air turbulance and mixing the air and fuel together better.

i thought this was common knowledge?
                  Yeah, me too.
                  SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Some Indian guy who drives a Toyota Camry as his daily driver and has two camels as weekend cruisers knows more the GM engineers.

Habeep &gt; GM Engineers

Comment

dude, the camary is is weekend toy car, the camel is his daily driver.... get with it hawgs

I'm not taking a dremel to any part of my engine.
                      RedlineVSix

Comment

we have dimples/ridges in our stock lower intake manifold
                        1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
                          Some Indian guy who drives a Toyota Camry as his daily driver and has two camels as weekend cruisers knows more the GM engineers.

Habeep &gt; GM Engineers
                          sometimes GM makes me wonder [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
                          www.turbov6camaro.com
                          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                            [QB] So one guy in india found a way to improve power by gouging a nick into your cylinder head?

]
                            Don't forget CAFE.

Comment

I did that mod about 3 months ago. Did it to every cylinder head and what do you know......... it gave me about 80-90 rwhp and cut .005 sec off my ET.

I urge everyone to get a dremel, pull apart your engine and just have at it.

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                              New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                              RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                              crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                              The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X