No announcement yet.

Fraternities:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its nice when you've got everyone chipping in equally for a party, or keeping the electricity and water on. Fraternities are also a great place to make connections.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Kappa Alpha Psi Franternity Inc....Pretty Boys of Tha "Phi-House" Gamma Phi Chapter.

I came to school thinking frat guys were gay, but once you are around the scene you begin to develop your own thoughts and conceptions about them. I haven't met a guy that at least didn't think about it, not one.

As far as buying friends are concerned, not true. Like Stef said, I have friends for life that I would not have otherwise spoken to, and my life is a hell of a lot better because of them.

And as far as preofessionalism and networking are concerned, you are going to be hard pressed to find a more established method of generating those.
      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

I haven't met a guy that at least didn't think about it, not one.
        [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] now you have

Its never really appealed to me. I make friends w/o haveing to be in a frat w/ them, and those people who i dont become friends w/ because i'm not in their frat, well i dont really care to be friends with them anyway
        RedlineVSix

Comment

Always live, Never die
          The baddest men are Theta Chi

j/k...fraternities are great for a lot of reasons. I wouldn't join one that has a pledge season where brothers beat your *** or does gay **** though, cuz there are some out there. Join a fraternity with a few members you already get a long with, and that will challenge you during pledge season. Wearing the letters will mean nothing to you unless you earn them. My $.02.
          Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I haven't met a guy that at least didn't think about it, not one.

Its never really appealed to me. I make friends w/o haveing to be in a frat w/ them, and those people who i dont become friends w/ because i'm not in their frat, well i dont really care to be friends with them anyway
            </font>[/QUOTE]Well you know how I look at you anyway sunshine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Without going through it you probably won't get it, but I'll try. I'm not saying these people were'nt cool, or good guys-I'm saying I would have NEVER been around them. Popularity has never been a problem for me, neither were friends, I just had a whole new base to build from. Example: I played baseball at my university for 4 years and wasn't in a fraternity for 2 of them-on a road trip we traveled 250 miles from home and are eating in this buffet and I see a guy who is easily 60 years old with our fraternity shirt on and we end up talking for hours about.........life and baseball. Without us sharing one bondm we would have never known we shared another, that's all. I meet people dail;y that are my bruh's and we talk about other things, it's rare that it's about the fraternity itself-rare. Just opens alleys, that's all-
            -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Originally posted by Christian:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I haven't met a guy that at least didn't think about it, not one.

</font>[/QUOTE]Well you know how I look at you anyway sunshine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Without going through it you probably won't get it, but I'll try. I'm not saying these people were'nt cool, or good guys-I'm saying I would have NEVER been around them. Popularity has never been a problem for me, neither were friends, I just had a whole new base to build from. Example: I played baseball at my university for 4 years and wasn't in a fraternity for 2 of them-on a road trip we traveled 250 miles from home and are eating in this buffet and I see a guy who is easily 60 years old with our fraternity shirt on and we end up talking for hours about.........life and baseball. Without us sharing one bondm we would have never known we shared another, that's all. I meet people dail;y that are my bruh's and we talk about other things, it's rare that it's about the fraternity itself-rare. Just opens alleys, that's all-
              </font>[/QUOTE]That's the best feeling... just wearing your shirt then some older guy says what's up and you talk for hours becuase he's in your fraternity.

Basically, here's a rundown on fraternities: it's basically just a bunch of guys hanging out.

Dues aren't any more than collective money used to do things that are fun. Would you rather pay $100 to throw a party that costs $3000 or pay the $3000 with your own money?

Basically, screw all fraternity names, they're all the same in the end, and all will "offer" you the same thing. It's just a close group of friends, so check them out, find out who you fit with the best.

Just don't join a psuedo-cool fraternity filled with Jocks who need pills to get with girls.... those are the bastards that I hate.
              2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
              Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Christian:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:

</font>[/QUOTE]Just don't join a psuedo-cool fraternity filled with Jocks who need pills to get with girls.... those are the bastards that I hate.
                </font>[/QUOTE]Some football teams huh?

Comment

Epsilon Alpha Tau Mu Epsilon

my dues are $0 and I am the president

kidding aside, frats aren't for me, but I don't hate those that are a part of them

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kamarozrule:
                    im gonna be a freshy this yr and im debating on wheather or not to join one.
                    id give it a year first, check em out, see what their reputations are on campus.

what school you goin to?
                    </font>[/QUOTE]&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;avatar
                    Kings College wilkes-barre, pa
                    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

Originally posted by kamarozrule:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ian:
                      id give it a year first, check em out, see what their reputations are on campus.

what school you goin to?
                      </font>[/QUOTE]gotcha. thats near my pocono house. ive been by the school before, goin to a Red Barrons game. if i remember right, when i looked at kings, it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and i didnt have the $$$$$$$$$, so i stuck with state schools lol.
                      enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ian:

what school you goin to?
                        </font>[/QUOTE]gotcha. thats near my pocono house. ive been by the school before, goin to a Red Barrons game. if i remember right, when i looked at kings, it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and i didnt have the $$$$$$$$$, so i stuck with state schools lol.
                        enjoy it.
                        </font>[/QUOTE]they give out scholarships like crazzzzy, my grades were above par and my dad and 2 uncles graduated there and are all distingushed alummni. so i got a nice chunk takin out of my tution. BTW check in the reg section im tryin to set up a PA meet.
                        \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

I thought about it, but it was going to be a lot of money that I didn't have.

I went with athletics, which is kinda like a fraternity.
                          UAH FSAE<br />Chief Engineer<br /> <a href=\"http://chargermotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://chargermotorsports.com</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/camaronat\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/camaronat</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X