One more police officer on the board - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more police officer on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more police officer on the board

That's right, after 2 and a half years of working, failing, and trying again, I got the call today from the Northbrook, IL Police Department. I have a couple formalities to go through (medical eval and physical agility test), but they should be no sweat. I will be starting the academy on October 4th and begin gloating at my familial nay-sayers right damn now. Do any of our resident officers have any good advice for me?

[img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

Dont miss.
    Past Ride
    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Shoot first ask questions later.

Comment

Congrats! Youll love it, its not the same thing day in and day out.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
          Shoot first ask questions later.
          x2
          1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

congradulations.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Northbrook eh? Very nice town. Congratulations. Don't get too cocky until you pass the last tests. There was a younger guy (early 20's) that was accepted..all he had to do was bench a percentage of his weight (he was more on the heavy side)..and for the life of him he could not bench it. He failed. Though I believe in that situation, if you want something strong enough, you could lift the weight easily.
              94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

sometimes it is better to bend with the wind of conformaty that to stand tall and get your head cut off.

yield to the shield

when running x, old ladies will slam on the brakes.

shoot to kill and get the story straight

dont plant drugs, if you arent caught, your conscience will get you.
                2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

I have no idea what he meant by "when running x".... But my tip is... don't feel bad about pulling over crazy old ladies driving like they're drunk and suspending their licenses.

I've thought for a long time that they should set up some kind of transit system just for old people for a small fee... Old people are almost worse than drunks in some cases... With the money they save by not driving themselves, they can put it toward that transit thing... It's better for the environment, and safer for everyone else.
                  Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

responding to a call with lights and siren is running x
                    2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Northbrook is about 20minutes from me.

Take it easy on a guy that has a NBM Hawk, he's actually a real cool guy, he just can't help from speeding. [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
                      2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

I worked as a Corrections Officer for 7 years and I'm just about to graduate from the police academy, my advice would be run alot and workout as much as possible. Also make sure you study and know your cuffing and control holds. Other than that it is studying for tests and knowing procedures. Good luck.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Congrats! don't forget to be understanding to f-body owners [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe:
                            Do any of our resident officers have any good advice for me?
                            oh just wait. i'm sure 15 million questions will come up along the way. just when you think you've got something figured out, a memo comes out changing it.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe:
                              That's right, after 2 and a half years of working, failing, and trying again, I got the call today from the Northbrook, IL Police Department. I have a couple formalities to go through (medical eval and physical agility test), but they should be no sweat. I will be starting the academy on October 4th and begin gloating at my familial nay-sayers right damn now. Do any of our resident officers have any good advice for me?

[img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                              Northbrook? You're not that far from me! I'm in Schaumburg! Congrats ...
                              \'97 Camaro, 3800 Series II, Anniversary Edition * Bright Green Metallic --&gt; T-Tops * Flowmaster Exhaust * TPS Throttle enhancer * SLP Cold air intake .....<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821</a> <br />AIM - Cycochic69

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X