tranny mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny mess

I drained my tranny fluid and a lot got into the gutter in front of my house. It has been sitting a while and i cant clean it out with anything. Any suggestions?
    There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

your gutter? did you drain your tranny fluid while your car was on the roof of your house?

BUT, if by gutter you mean area outside your house in the street, you can use catnip, or OilDry from pepboys.

and tell me, why did you not drain the fluid into a pan? what'd you just unscrew the plug and walk away?

Comment

well first he was correct in calling it a gutter, because that is infact what it is called.

And i'm glad to see this is about your transmission, when i read the topic i thought for a minute you had picked up a hooker and it turned ugly.
      RedlineVSix

Comment

Actually I did drain the fluid into a pan but the it didnt come out of the transmission with pin point acuracy. Plus the pan overflowed.
        There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
          And i'm glad to see this is about your transmission, when i read the topic i thought for a minute you had picked up a hooker and it turned ugly.
          [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Try spreading cat litter on it, letting it soak for 10 mins, grinding it with your feet a little, then sweeping it up. If theres still any left they do make driveway solvent you can get from most autoparts stores that will help clean it. My old 79 dumped about 4qts of tranny fluid on my in-laws brand-new driveway one day and I was able to clean it up with that solvent, a hose and a junk broom (to scrub)

Good luck
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Try getting the hose and spraying it down the closest sewer drain.
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

a little simple green and scrubbing with a broom. hose off.

if that doesnt work, brake cleaner or carb cleaner will generally get the stain to move.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X