care to help me out? and the rest off us? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

care to help me out? and the rest off us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• care to help me out? and the rest off us?

http://viper03af.50megs.com/catalog.html

i would like some info from the 98 and up peeps, also any info i may have missed (almost 2 years since i did it!)

THANKS

mods please leave this here so more people will see it thanks
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

hehe i have a 99, anyone can use my car as a guinea.. SO I CAN HAVE THEM IN!! :(
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Originally posted by jc Kyle:
      hehe i have a 99, anyone can use my car as a guinea.. SO I CAN HAVE THEM IN!! :(
      you know in jan if i get my car turbo and get car running if your willing to drive down we can tackle it and my buddies house were i did mine, ill ask him but he shouldn't mine, if not my dads barn is heated....... like come down early in the moring and that should give use the time to get them done.

you know its fun to drive f-bod in 3 feet of snow
      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jc Kyle:
        you know its fun to drive f-bod in 3 feet of snow </font>[/QUOTE]with open headers.

that write up looks good. Hopefully Pathogen will see it, she's an expert with header installs!

Comment

yo andrew... that sounds flippin' awesome! Do i have to get those headers flanged?? Not looking for any problems with those... lemme know and thx again
          ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Originally posted by jc Kyle:
            yo andrew... that sounds flippin' awesome! Do i have to get those headers flanged?? Not looking for any problems with those... lemme know and thx again
            there was flanges on them i thought if he didn't have any leaks you shouldn't have any troubles
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

kick *** [img]smile.gif[/img]

i wouldn't be able to tell something flanged to something that isn't... i'll hold you to this [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks pretty good, I've dropped everything out the bottom with little problem. I don't like to scratch things (especially with my new pretty motor!)

Biggest problem I've run into is get that header to Y-pipe connection just right.

I highly recommend that everyone pick up some fuel line or 1/2 hose of some kind to use as insulation around the plug wires. I burned through one ... and we all know how cheap Taylor wires are. (hahaha)

Two or more people really does make a huge difference. And working on the car as it cools just saves time.

I have a big "dyno-proven" fan that we stuck under the car once it was up on ramps. Made a wonderful difference in cooling.

You may find that you need to remove the heatshields to get to some of the manifold bolts. (On the before and after 99.) 99+ peeps have it easy with those tubular manifolds!

To save yourself time and money, pick up a band-clamp from Thunder or sometimes you can find them at parts stores. The Y-pipe to Cat connection is 3" and those clamps are awesome.

Okay ... I'm done for now ... I think ...

Nice job Viper! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Pathogen:
                  Looks pretty good, I've dropped everything out the bottom with little problem. I don't like to scratch things (especially with my new pretty motor!)

Biggest problem I've run into is get that header to Y-pipe connection just right.

I highly recommend that everyone pick up some fuel line or 1/2 hose of some kind to use as insulation around the plug wires. I burned through one ... and we all know how cheap Taylor wires are. (hahaha)

Two or more people really does make a huge difference. And working on the car as it cools just saves time.

I have a big "dyno-proven" fan that we stuck under the car once it was up on ramps. Made a wonderful difference in cooling.

You may find that you need to remove the heatshields to get to some of the manifold bolts. (On the before and after 99.) 99+ peeps have it easy with those tubular manifolds!

To save yourself time and money, pick up a band-clamp from Thunder or sometimes you can find them at parts stores. The Y-pipe to Cat connection is 3" and those clamps are awesome.

Okay ... I'm done for now ... I think ...

Nice job Viper! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X