give me an interesting science topic - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

give me an interesting science topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question of why its now called pound feet of touqure vise foot pounds of touqure.
    97 T-top firebird Gone but not forgotten!<br />In process of Modding a 02 Grand Am<br /> \"Dont hunt what you cant kill!\" :&gt;

Comment

Nitrous Oxide!
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by CockyV6:
        The question of why its now called pound feet of touqure vise foot pounds of touqure.
        one is the rotational force required, one is the force required to lift, think thats it, saw it in some automag
        Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

If we remember our physics, work = force x distance, and torque = force x length of lever. In the English system, the measurement of distance is the foot, and the measurement of force is the pound. For whatever reason they decided to call the unit of work the foot-pound and the unit of torque the pound-foot.

What level chemistry is this? An interesting topic might be a little history of NMR and how it led to the development of MRI, and the advances in medical imaging allowed by this modality.
          Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X