!#@$ing insurances companies....argh! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!#@$ing insurances companies....argh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !#@$ing insurances companies....argh!

Insurance companies are frickin' legalalize extortionist. Right now we have 4 vehicles insured 2 are mine. We have my 92 firebird, my moms 98 grand voyager, my dads 93 (or 94...cant remmber) chevy truck, and my 05 tC. Well right now we pay 600 something for 3 months out of that 455 of it is mine (290 for the bird and 165 for the tc). I want to drop all insurance on the bird since i like never drive it anymore, you'd think the insurance would go DOWN right?...WRONG...its going up....the total is going up like a hundred dollars!!! so i'm getting off cheaper by having insurance on the damn bird....damnit!!
    White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

that doesn't make any sense, but then again, nothing that insurance companies do makes any sense. they charge you exorbitant amounts of money for very little in return.
    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

a good way to screw insurance companies is to get liability only.

You got no idea how much they LOVE people who get full coverage... let's say you pay 2000 a year for full coverage... let's say you don't bump your car for 5 years. You just threw away 10,000. Now, let's say you bump your car and make a claim. Damage is around 7,500$ (really hard bump)... so you get some money back, good stuff, right? Wrong, insurance company doesn't like it, and raises your premium and you end up losing even more money.

Comment

Originally posted by ka50:

You got no idea how much they LOVE people who get full coverage... let's say you pay 2000 a year for full coverage... let's say you don't bump your car for 5 years. You just threw away 10,000. Now, let's say you bump your car and make a claim. Damage is around 7,500$ (really hard bump)... so you get some money back, good stuff, right? Wrong, insurance company doesn't like it, and raises your premium and you end up losing even more money.
        I'm sure you can come up with 7500 at the drop of a hat to fix your car &lt;/sarcasm&gt;

Your logic is incorrect. You're paying for a convenience and to replace damage done to your car with full coverage. Liability only covers the other car/property/people not yours. Statistics show people at yooung ages to be a high risk for accidents.

I'm still waiting to hear why....
        ....is going to screw the insurance company.
        Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

I agree Linux. Any car I own that is worth more than $3000 will always, ALWAYS, be under full coverage, whether or not I own the car or not. Not going to deal with having to save money for collisioon repairs, stolen property, or accidents just because I thought I could save a few dollars here and there on getting liability only.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks:
            Insurance companies are frickin' legalalize extortionist. Right now we have 4 vehicles insured 2 are mine. We have my 92 firebird, my moms 98 grand voyager, my dads 93 (or 94...cant remmber) chevy truck, and my 05 tC. Well right now we pay 600 something for 3 months out of that 455 of it is mine (290 for the bird and 165 for the tc). I want to drop all insurance on the bird since i like never drive it anymore, you'd think the insurance would go DOWN right?...WRONG...its going up....the total is going up like a hundred dollars!!! so i'm getting off cheaper by having insurance on the damn bird....damnit!!
            if your listed as the only driver, you cant drive 2 cars at the same time there for it cheaper,
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by Linxs:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ka50:

I'm sure you can come up with 7500 at the drop of a hat to fix your car &lt;/sarcasm&gt;

Your logic is incorrect. You're paying for a convenience and to replace damage done to your car with full coverage. Liability only covers the other car/property/people not yours. Statistics show people at yooung ages to be a high risk for accidents.

</font>[/QUOTE]Well, you can always take out a loan at the bank. Or you simply can take responsibility for your actions, buy a 500$ beater to drive while you come up with $$$ to pay for damages that you caused.

I got a quote of 5,000$ for a trans am, if I'm gonna get one, you think I'll be paying full coverage? lol

Comment

Wow, this has to be one of the stupidest thoughts ever. The ONLY reason you should get liability only is because the car is so old that full insurance minus the deductable wouldn't be worth the value of the car.

Well, you can always take out a loan at the bank. Or you simply can take responsibility for your actions, buy a 500$ beater to drive while you come up with $$$ to pay for damages that you caused.

I got a quote of 5,000$ for a trans am, if I'm gonna get one, you think I'll be paying full coverage? lol
                I have my beater truck with only liability. When that thing gets hit I'm still gonna be pissed. Why? Because the $300 a year I'm "Saving" by not getting full coverage didn't go into a bank. So when my truck is hit and the insurance won't even pay for TOWING, not only am I out $ for towing and one truck, I have to now find the money to get another vehicle. Full coverage is for those bastards who aren't insured. I bet you'll be shedding many a tear when that crappy uninsured Pinto hits your TA and you've only got liability.
                <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Linxs:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ka50:

</font>[/QUOTE]Well, you can always take out a loan at the bank. Or you simply can take responsibility for your actions, buy a 500$ beater to drive while you come up with $$$ to pay for damages that you caused.

</font>[/QUOTE]Well it's your money and your loss. Maybe when you are older you'll truly understand what full coverage is for. C.O. Jones kindly pointed out something I forgot.

I feel sorry for you if you think this way when you have a family. Because if you or your family ever get hurt in a car wreak, you will not get any medical expense money from your insurance....

But hey some people are hard-headed and have to learn the hard way.....
                  Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

whoever here who thinks insurance isnt legalized stealing should be shot, high way robbery...but hey its cool they can live in their fat houses and eat up right? who cares if they just take your money every month...i pay 450$ a month full cov what does insurance do for me? Absolutely nothing 500 deductible makes it not even worth claiming anything below 1500 Minas well total the thing and make them pay for it. The philsophy is Im young im not allowed to have anything nice... I Will never feel sorry for an insurance company. Ever. Blood suckers period. P.S. Bang them for every dollar they're worth if you get ina accident.

Comment

Originally posted by V6Knowledge:
                      whoever here who thinks insurance isnt legalized stealing should be shot, high way robbery...but hey its cool they can live in their fat houses and eat up right? who cares if they just take your money every month...i pay 450$ a month full cov what does insurance do for me? Absolutely nothing 500 deductible makes it not even worth claiming anything below 1500 Minas well total the thing and make them pay for it. The philsophy is Im young im not allowed to have anything nice... I Will never feel sorry for an insurance company. Ever. Blood suckers period. P.S. Bang them for every dollar they're worth if you get ina accident.
                      Remove full coverage, keep liability only.

Comment

$290 a month on the firebird? Drop the full coverage and get liability, there are plenty of parts in junkyards for it, if you do wreck it.

Comment

dude, why are ya'll paying so much ??? i'm 18 and i have a 02 camaro v6 (with 29k when i bought and insured it) i have only been driving for 10 months and my full coverage is $160 a month for 2 cars ... and i made a 3200 claim cos i nailed a deer ... who is ya'lls insurance co? Bobs backalley brokerage? you guys need to switch companies ... like seriously ...
                          99 WS6
                          13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                          tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

you could park the car and tell the insurance it's in storage. I did that with my avenger when I joined the military. It went from like $80 a month (liability) to about $10-$15.
                            2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by shock_core:
                              dude, why are ya'll paying so much ??? i'm 18 and i have a 02 camaro v6 (with 29k when i bought and insured it) i have only been driving for 10 months and my full coverage is $160 a month for 2 cars ... and i made a 3200 claim cos i nailed a deer ... who is ya'lls insurance co? Bobs backalley brokerage? you guys need to switch companies ... like seriously ...
                              is the title of the car in your name?
                              www.turbov6camaro.com
                              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X