Lost my job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my job.

I have been working for a company for a little over 4 months now. I have excelled so well at this place that I have become a threat to the warehouse manager and her position, and that I had to be dealt with. Her official reason why I was fired was because of my absence and tardy points (which were not enough to fire me on if they went by the rules they set), but me and the other 4 people that were in the office today were the 5 people that were a major threat to the warehouse manager and her position. Every one of us wanted her job, and she eliminated that swiftly.

I want everyone that reads this to understand something that I have had to deal with for years. Whenever you take the initiative to do your job well, there will always be someone there to hold you down. It is **** like this that make me wonder why I even try to do well at something. I guess I should have just gone into work everyday and act like a dumbass like the rest of the simple minded pricks working there. I really didn't need this now, I was just starting to get back on my feet when this happened, and they turn around and do this ****. Amazing.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

obviously you just weren't meant to work there. it will all be ok. if you dont trust me, trust in God
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Good luck. Remember, unions aren't necessary in todays world. :rolleyes:

Absolutely crappy that management would do something like that to you. Keep at it man, move on to a place that will appreciate you.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th:
        Her official reason why I was fired was because of my absence and tardy points (which were not enough to fire me on if they went by the rules they set)...
        I'm not trying to come off like I know a lot about the law or specific laws in your state, but you may want to speak to an attorney about this potentially being wrongful termination.

Good luck either way and don't get jaded on being a hard working person because of these jerks.

The whole union thing I'm not touching with a ten foot pole....

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mogobs30th:
          Her official reason why I was fired was because of my absence and tardy points (which were not enough to fire me on if they went by the rules they set)...
          I'm not trying to come off like I know a lot about the law or specific laws in your state, but you may want to speak to an attorney about this potentially being wrongful termination.

Good luck either way and don't get jaded on being a hard working person because of these jerks.

</font>[/QUOTE]Indiana has no laws about wrongful termination outside the reasons of disability, race, religion, sex, things of that nature. No employer in the state of IN has to give you a reason why you are terminated.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

why not? look at how good they turned out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyway,

Find yourself a statejob or something,
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

I'm doing just fine thank you. :D
              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                if you dont trust me, trust in God
                I dont know about you, but "God" doesn't sign any of my paychecks.

Time to jump back on that horse and ride it again - why are you on here? get your *** back in the job market! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] Good luck.
                Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

thats ghey......losing a job sucks.

Comment

Sorry to hear it... If its a big time corporate place. I'd contact the HR department at the corporat location.

If not its hard to do.

Speaking from someone that IS in management, it does suck. Managers can get rid of youif they really want to if they dislike you. EVEN if there are rules to keep it from happening.

I hate to say it, but honestly I think its worth kissing a little *** to your boss. Dont go overboard. Jsut become friendly with him, just like most your other co-workers, and don't take their decisions to personal alot of times he doesn't agree with them but has to do it. Inn the end it works out with you.
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

1) Sorry to hear you lost your job. That sucks and I wish you good luck finding another.

2) Go to your state labor board and find out if your grounds for termination were valid

3) ALWAYS watch your back with female managers. Don't take this the wrong way ladies, and even my wife agrees: Women managers are the most ruthless, evil, caniving, backstabbing, power hungry evil people that have ever walked the earth. True story.
                      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by MTMike:
                        1) Sorry to hear you lost your job. That sucks and I wish you good luck finding another.

2) Go to your state labor board and find out if your grounds for termination were valid

3) ALWAYS watch your back with female managers. Don't take this the wrong way ladies, and even my wife agrees: Women managers are the most ruthless, evil, caniving, backstabbing, power hungry evil people that have ever walked the earth. True story.
                        I agree onthe chick thing... I have seen fellow managers work to get people fired jsut because "they didn't like them" this one chick I work with I swear she is ****ing bipolar. She will hit on a guy, then if the guy is kinda pushes her away(because she is a ugly cow) she gets pissed and makes their life a living hell.

and I try and avoid her and that situation like the plaque...

Not all women are like this but I have noticed female managers are waaay mroe likely to hold a grudge against someone.
                        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

we have 3 female managers, no complaints here, but at my old job.... i had 2 female managers and they put the screws to me.

i think anyone who is in a management position and feels their job security is being threatened in anyway, will do their best to eliminate the competition. it sucks, but its survival of the fittest. sometimes you have to do the backstabbing to move up in a company,sometimes good old fashion hard work will get you there. then there is times where you have to finess between the two to get where and what you want.

im a finesser,i wont lie, if me and another person are after the same job i will do what i have to.

i learned a long time ago that if youre not cutthroat sometimes in life, you wont make it. ive been on your side of the fence Wes, and it sucks bad seeing people who arent as good as you taking jobs that you know you deserve and worked your d*** off to get. so i know exactly how you feel right now. just learn from this experience of getting screwed over and do what you have to do.

like i said, i once thought that going to work and busting my @ss would get me ahead in life. all it has gotten me is a bad back and 2 f'd up knees at age 22. i got tired of it. and tried out a few diffent tactics. the one above is getting ready to put me into a different tax bracket.

i feel bad for the others and all but i have bills to pay also.

dont lose pride in doing a good job and being a hard worker(i never will). its one of the few things in life that nobody can take from you and its a great quality in a person. i dont think you have problems getting another job. just remember to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer, because its always the person with the job you want that will F*** you.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

just get a better job with more money!
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Good luck. Remember, unions aren't necessary in todays world. [Roll Eyes]
                              Yeah, because it is every American's right to be able to keep their job when they are lazy.

(Not meant to be directed at the orignal poster).
                              SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                8 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X