This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan, you must read this...

Knowing how much you like beer - and given the relatively good microbrews at Hops... I think I had a Stefan sighting at teh Hops in Alexandria. The person I saw resembled you from pictures - but I thought it was unlikely that you wandered so far from your romping grounds of McLean to come mingle with the Alexandrians.

And Mods: I reject the idea to use email...

hops? virginia beverage company was better... but man is it weird to hear people on this board talk about alexandria

Comment

Capitol City Brew Company is the best.

Comment

alexandria is a strange place. still has cobblestones on some of the streets. i use it to check my cd player for skipping.

other oddities: people can only paint their houses approved colors (and some of the colors are just hideous). no changes to the exterior without approval. no engine braking (if you are a truck anyway) since that makes the houses shake and they are old fragile buildings.

[ June 10, 2004, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: chas ]

Comment

strange, no... yuppie, yes

the strangest place is the underground place across from bullfeathers... we went in there once and there were like, dozens of 30+ year old women singing neil diamond at the top of their lungs. it was like something out of the twilight zone

yeah, all the other stuff is called architectural review, your neighborhood probably has it but you just don't know about it... as for the jake brake, i lived on s. patrick and they still did it, kept me awake some nights

Comment

you lived ON rte 1??
            I like Old Town though...
            Not allof alexandria has the same rules as old town either.

Comment

yeah i lived sort of catty cornered from misha's, right on the corner of prince and s. patrick- but not literally on s. patrick :D

Comment

Why would anyone want to live at/near old town? Afternoon work traffic sucks starting at 2:30.

Maybe Genourous Georges Positive Pizza PLace would be an excuse, or even that water park tucked back there between rt1 & 395.
                The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

school was there and i had a bike for things that weren't within walking distance, which worked fine for me :D

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 [deployed]:
                    Why would anyone want to live at/near old town? Afternoon work traffic sucks starting at 2:30.

Maybe Genourous Georges Positive Pizza PLace would be an excuse, or even that water park tucked back there between rt1 & 395.
                    We know George actually. The resturant is very close to my mom's practice.
                    Rush hour starts all over DC at 230... Alexandria is no special exception.
                    and the water park formerly known as Cameron Run is cool, couple of my good friends used to guard there... 180 saves a year! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] Its on Eisenhower Avenue, between the new Eisenhower Ave exit (only been there for about 5-6 years now) and Van Dorn Street.

Alexandria is also cool b/c the girls are the hottest in the area.

Comment

No, I have not set foot in Alexandria in quite some time. I live in Reston and work in Tyson's Corner. My usual drinking grounds include Mr. Smith's in Tyson's, The Old Brogue in Great Falls, and the Hard Times Cafe in Herndon.

The man you saw was likely one that is all-too-well known to me, however... at times he is an accomplice, at times a nemesis. He has been known to take the visage of my face just to throw off our mutual enemies. He has no name, but his motives are devious.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
                        No, I have not set foot in Alexandria in quite some time. I live in Reston and work in Tyson's Corner. My usual drinking grounds include Mr. Smith's in Tyson's, The Old Brogue in Great Falls, and the Hard Times Cafe in Herndon.

The man you saw was likely one that is all-too-well known to me, however... at times he is an accomplice, at times a nemesis. He has been known to take the visage of my face just to throw off our mutual enemies. He has no name, but his motives are devious.
                        [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                        2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Was that a cloaked way of calling me an enemy??

Comment

So young, so naive...
                            Devious<br />1970 Aston Martin<br />1999 Cadillac Statesman Hearse

Comment

^^^^^^ :eek:
                              <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X