Chevy HINTS at new camaro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chevy HINTS at new camaro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy HINTS at new camaro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(08:30 June 03, 2004)
    Car News briefs: Could new Camaro be coming? Amphibious price cut

By AUTOWEEK

Camaro coming?
    Faced with the imminent introduction of an already highly praised all-new 2005 Mustang this fall and nothing in the showroom to do battle with it, General Motors is eyeing a return to the pony car wars. So says Chevrolet general manager Brent Dewar when asked about plans for a future Mustang fighter. Says Dewar: “We’re working on that. We’ll have a competitor.”

We’ll see.

from

http://autoweek.com/search/search_di...89222&record=1
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

I think its supposed to be a "Chevelle".

If they make anything, it will share the GTO platform, that is typical GM.
    2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:

its it fast and looks good........ im buying it lol
      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:

its it fast and looks good........ im buying it lol </font>[/QUOTE]Agreed! Besides, WishIHad$$$, platform-sharing really doesn't mean what it used to, when you had things like the Cavalier/Sunfire or Camaro/Firebird. You'd never guess that the Mazda6 and new Taurus replacement share a platform. Look at the Chevy Cobalt and the Saturn Ion. Same platform. "Platform" now refers mostly just to the frame, chassis, and suspension, all of which are very modifiable by the manufacturer. Ford/Mazda are planning on building 10 cars and light SUVs on one platform, not one of which looks or acts anything like the others. And on top of all that... the GTO platform is strong as hell. Give it Camaro looks and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Comment

They should have kept the old ones...but EVERYBODY thinks that..-Bob-
          I speak the truth, I say what other don\'t say.<br />I am a ***.

Comment

yep eather way its a ***SLIM*** chance but some is always better then nin IMHO
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

And what about the firebird?They better bring them both back to life.And they better not have 4 bangers either :rolleyes:
              $Ryan$<br />95 3400 Teal Green FireBird M5<br />Mods: see link <a href=\"http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420\" target=\"_blank\">http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420</a> <br />1986 Gold Mazda B2000 ROTIP :)<br />*New*74 Moded 350 Chevy Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by GreenDragon:
                And what about the firebird?They better bring them both back to life.And they better not have 4 bangers either :rolleyes:
                or 3.4s ;) hehe jk

I kid
                I kid

Comment

GM will make it a I-4 turbo, FWD, with mad tyte options like neons and rims. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Really though I hope not, I would like to see a 5th gen Camaro AND Firebird. *crosses fingers*
                  Sick-Sixx Member<br />99 bright red Firebird, K&N filter, Flowmaster muffler with duel outlet.

Comment

Everyone knows Camaros are better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Better at being SLOW!
                      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

I talk to one of the Chevy reps at the NY Auto a while ago and he said they were going to bring back the camaro. I asked if they were going to bring it back with style, kinda like a 5th gen, and a badass engine, he said he hopes so and is going to push for that. But keep your fingers crossed!!
                        Mods: Magnaflow Exhaust (more to come hopefully) <br />Stereo: Alpine CDA-7897 HU, (2) JL 500.1 Amps, (2) 12\" Eclipse Subs, Kenwood eXcelons up front, Kicker RMB6 Midbass, Kicker Resolution RS4c Components in back and an Alpine MRV-F340

Comment

I will believe it when i see it. go and search this site for bringing back the camaro and see how many times things like this have shown up.
                          2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:

Pony wars were never fought with Mustangs and Chevelles.

It's always been Mustangs and Camaros.

It is coming back.... anyone want to bet me [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
                            FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                            Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                            Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

GM has no plans to make the impala front wheel drive and advised that they did not have an immediate replacement for the camaro.

as stated in Police Fleet Manager. they didn't say it was dead, but that the replacement wasn't immediate. fort worth PD is supposed to be getting GTOs to replace their camaros.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X