BRAND NEW!!! paint job and TOTALED!!! all in the same week - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRAND NEW!!! paint job and TOTALED!!! all in the same week

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAND NEW!!! paint job and TOTALED!!! all in the same week

Well guys, i'm very sorry to even have to say this. But I lost my place in the fbody world last night. 2 weeks ago I started painting my car from red to sonic blue, along with a bunch of other mods. I got it done last tuesday, and I just been waiting for a beautiful day to take it for a photoshoot. I was planning on doing SS stripes and getting windows tinted, all that stuff. Last night I was coming home. I stayed late to help my boss finish up his racecar we're painting. But anyway, i'm coming home as happy as can be that I finally got done work for the day. I'm up the street from my home and I approach an intersection with the light turned red. There are a few cars infront of me and i'm waiting. The light turns green and the cars infront of me start going so I follow them. As soon as I turn across the highway I was just picked off in no more than a second. I didn't even know what happened. I'm like covered in glass. I got out of the car and made sure the girl was alright in the car that hit me. And next thing I know i'm off in an ambulance going to the hospital. I got out at like 4 am this morning. I thought I had some serious problems to my ribs but I seem to be fine. They said I only got a contusion (whatever that means) to my right rib or something and one might be cracked. Man am I in pain this morning though, the whole side of me is sore. Overall, i'm so happy I got to walk away from the accident, and there was no one injured badly. More importantly, I'm glad I was wearing my seatbelt. It was only me and another 18 year old girl. I talked to the police officer momentarily and he told me that from the witnesses I was at fault for failing to yield. But i'm very sure that what happened was I had the green light and she was trying to make the red light and when I turned out she hit me. But oh well, **** happens. My car is seriously f-ed. I have pictures at my cardomain.com website at

http://www.cardomain.com/id/zennx

The paintjob is less than a week old, and I probabaly have 7 grand in the paintjob, spoiler, and bodywork I did in the past 3 weeks. Let alone the other stuff I did to the car. From the stuff you can't see in the pictures. The roof is buckled all the way down the center. THe floorboard looks like a pyramid but you cant' really tell from the pic I have. The whole dash is smashed into hte other side along with my passenger seat and armrest. All I remember are my cds flying out the window from the seat when I got hit. And I had tons of cds scattered all over the intersection. But again, It really sucks this happened, all the work I put into my car, i'm going to be losing a hell of a lot of money on it. And it was truly one of a kind after I got it painted. I hate to be one of those guys leaving the fbody realm. But thanks for all your guys help and everything through the years, I really had a great time here. I will come back and visit all the time. Just remember, wear your seatbelts! If I wasn't I would be laying out in that intersection somewhere. Beleive me it's worth it, you don't know when your going to get in an accident.

Ted

NOO! that paint job looked sooo badass. :(

Comment

WHAT!! :(
      New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

yo man im deeply sorry to hear that the car looked good.

But just count your blessing and be happy that your not paralized and that no one died.

The car can be fixed but a life cant.

Comment

from the pics it looks like the hood wasnt even damaged, its like it propped its self up and didnt even get damaged.

Comment

Exactly, if someone died I don't even know I could handle that or live withmyself. We were both blessed! And i'm very happy that we're all OK. This was my very first accident ever. I have 4 years of perfectly clean driving records. No tickets nothing! This is the first time something like this happened to me.

On a side note though, I will be trying to sell some of the stuff on the car. We're towing it to my shop as we speak. I will be selling the spoiler and other stuff I have on it. The insurance company seems to be making haste.

Camarowidbass - It looks like that, thast what I thought when I looked at it, but it's actually buckled up towards the sky really badly and I forget but I think it's damanged in some other areas too. It's too bad, because I don't even think fiberglass can be repaired like that. It looks like it's cracked from the bottom but didn't break top at all.

Comment

:( :( [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]

Comment

wait you had a green light and was folling other cars??? if so how the **** can you be at fualt ??????????

LAWYER

with that much monye into the car i would at least have a lawyer look it over, i don't get how its your fualt :confussed:

Im not saying to sue any one but if it's her fault at least make HER insurance company pay, not yours, cause then it hurts your driving record for 5 years and insurance rates for 5-7 years,

vary sorry to hear abou this :(
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

sorry to hear about your car, glad everyone is ok. sucks all that time and money from your new paint job all went down the drain. . i don't see how it would be your fault. if you had a green light and you weren't even the first car, there should be no way you're at fault. you should be able to fight it in traffic court so you won't get screwed on insurance.
                  94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

Man that sucks. Bad *** color too. Glad to hear your ok!

On a side note though, I will be trying to sell some of the stuff on the car. We're towing it to my shop as we speak. I will be selling the spoiler and other stuff I have on it. The insurance company seems to be making haste
                    On a side note I am interested in the SS air intake box/filter. I have been looking for one to put on my car. shoot me an email or give me a call
                    pamery@igloocorp.com
                    832-788-3292
                    Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

I guess this is the deal. I was at the redlight, and usually from red it turns green (w/ light and arrow) I couldnt' remember after the accident if it was or not. But at that light it usually is. Especially if the cars in front of me started going threw it casually like it was safe. The police officer said that the witnesses he talked to said there was no green arrow. So I could of went through it thinking I was safe and got hit. What I don't understand though, is how she had to of hit me atleast going 50-60mph. Through an intersection. I think the speed limit is 35mph there. And that accident isn't no 35mph. She didn't even stop or anything. She just hit me dead on. Now think about it. If theres 2 cars infront of me they go and then I still continue out and theres a train of cars. How could you not see that or slow down what so ever? But I guess i'm at fault really no matter what I do because I had to yield, even if she was looking for a cd, or talking on her cell phone, it would still be my fault no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted:
                        I guess this is the deal. I was at the redlight, and usually from red it turns green (w/ light and arrow) I couldnt' remember after the accident if it was or not. But at that light it usually is. Especially if the cars in front of me started going threw it casually like it was safe. The police officer said that the witnesses he talked to said there was no green arrow. So I could of went through it thinking I was safe and got hit. What I don't understand though, is how she had to of hit me atleast going 50-60mph. Through an intersection. I think the speed limit is 35mph there. And that accident isn't no 35mph. She didn't even stop or anything. She just hit me dead on. Now think about it. If theres 2 cars infront of me they go and then I still continue out and theres a train of cars. How could you not see that or slow down what so ever? But I guess i'm at fault really no matter what I do because I had to yield, even if she was looking for a cd, or talking on her cell phone, it would still be my fault no matter what.
                        i would look into it still

any way not alot of poepl know this but you can insure your car for more then it worth my marow will be insured for 16K
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by Ted:
                          O I see now, the light truned green (no arrow) the 2 cars in front of you had time to go but when you went she was going to fast to stop and or react.
                          Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

Ted-

This tread and your account have been locked until you read the rules.

And use of profanity in your LOCATION was removed by me.. If you don't want share any of this information on the board, you don't need to be on the board.

Steve
                            FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                            Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                            Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X