C6 breaks rear at the track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C6 breaks rear at the track!

Went to watch some racing today and saw a real nice black C6. I was glad cuz I thought we'd get to see one race [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] So, we watched a lot of cars (mostly 10 second race cars) go for at least 45 minutes... but no C6 Then finally.... we see it in the staging lanes but pulled over to the side...then, shortly after, a bunch of people started pushing it back into the pit area We go over and ask questions.... apparently, the guy got a 12.4 @ 114mph run and then went to run again but BROKE THE REAR AXLE (he thought) in the burnout box :( His friends were saying he paid $55,000 for the car and he just got it about 2 weeks ago. :eek: One of his friends said "ahh, well, he'll probably sell this car anyway and get something else... he doesn't keep cars very long... he had a Mustang, a Lightning and yada yada... Eventually the flatbed came and took the car away..... Guess GM has some work to do with those cars. Sucks for that guy. [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

lol i woudl take it back and make them fix it, but he can sell it to me for 30k if he wants and i'll fix it lol
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

sweet [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

hell ill take it
        Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

What kind of tire was he on?
          2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

The Cartek C6 broke the rear diff at e-town a few weeks ago as well. People are finding the rears seem to be the weak points in these cars.
            This revelation, is the death of ignorance...<br /><a href=\"http://www.quicktimeperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.quicktimeperformance.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Messi4h:
              The Cartek C6 broke the rear diff at e-town a few weeks ago as well. People are finding the rears seem to be the weak points in these cars.
              Yup, seems to be the weak link of the C6

Their C6 was back this week. 11.7 w/ an et street, header... and maybe a gear?
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by maxcamaro:
                hell ill take it
                me too lol
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

What kind of tire was he on?
                  He was running on the stock tires/wheels. Everything was stock (he just bought the car). Pretty crazy..
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

His friend also said he was paying $1200 a month for the car. I asked if he was leasing or buying it, and he said the guy bought it. I'm wondering if the dealership will fix the car under warranty.
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                      His friend also said he was paying $1200 a month for the car. I asked if he was leasing or buying it, and he said the guy bought it. I'm wondering if the dealership will fix the car under warranty.
                      they should
                      my cousin broke his pressure plate power shifting and they covered it

exact words of the dealer to his mom

ma'am, we've seen these bent before, but we ain't never seen em shattered.
                      millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

yeah its a gm factory warranty, they will fix it
                        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Ouch, stock tire...I figured he swapped an ET Street on there or something. Definitely a weak point.

Eh, everyone needs a new rearend one day. My days are numbered, too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                            lol i woudl take it back and make them fix it, but he can sell it to me for 30k if he wants and i'll fix it lol
                            Like the EVOs, STis and SRT4s, the car companies may be taking pictures of cars at the tracks... SO when you try to return it under warrenty cause something broke, they whip out their evidence on how you have abused the car at the track and will not fix it.

So its your own fault for abusing the car at the track, you must pay. Acouple of lawsuits went down if you search the net, I believe all ruled in favor of the car company because they had license plate and car pics at the track.
                            \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

The warranty does not cover abuse, but they will probably fix it anyway.
                              Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X