Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stefan:
    Wasn't that another haven for members that we banned from this place? I guess all their members must have re-registered here under new names. ;)
    It wasn't ever meant to be a competitor to this site...

The intention of the site, was to have v6 enthusiusts, with a "younger" atmosphere. It had things like NWS section among other things.

It was never supposed to be the new V6 Performance source. The owner was a member here and over there.

Its like fuelslut.net... not trying to be the only tech database of the internet, but a car enthusiust site for people to hangout.

Looks like it didn't work out with v6 enthusiusts, hence expanding the amount of people coming and renaming it theouthouse.

No offense stefan, but some success of other sites is hurt by you. I have seen lots of people on other boards type... "I won't get banned from www.firebirdv6.com for being here will I?"

Think of it as the difference between the lounge here and at www.ls1.com
    </font>[/QUOTE]This is 100% true. When the site was originally created, it was gonna be a general BS site, where people can hang out and shoot the ****. The idea of a cross between Ford and GM was brought to me and it sounded like it would be a great idea.

Over the past few months, the other admins and I just didn't have time to pour into creating tech information for the GM 3800 Series II and the Ford 3800. Not to mention the most active forum on the site was off-topic. We're not "gone" we just did a little remodeling in the best interests of the site. The members obviously came to BS, not for information on their cars.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Most websites are a spin-off of other sites.

Including this one.

:cool:
      <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/red69falcon/\" target=\"_blank\">1969 Falcon</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/81706526iUXWli\" target=\"_blank\">1972 Harley & Misc. Project Pics</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geoci

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Ray:
        Most websites are a spin-off of other sites.

Including this one.

:cool:
        Thats true... I remember this site, asking on other sites for members when it first started up. Lots of arguments of people posting "COME TO www.FIREBIRDV6.com!" over at www.cz28.com in the v6 section.

Either way figure the admin here woudl have supported that site... I mean I have a link to a great pic of a 400 lbs. black women, sitting down wearing red and having a MASSIVE cameltoe, with a little gremilin graphic popping in and out of hte cameltoe...

If I posted it here, would have gotten a warning, possibly banned, since this is a v6 tech site, that considers removing the lounge.

So I would go there and post it avoiding problems here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i like it here.. lots of people.. haven't even considered looking elsewhere
          ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

No offense stefan, but some success of other sites is hurt by you. I have seen lots of people on other boards type... "I won't get banned from www.firebirdv6.com for being here will I?"
            :D

That's called effectively squashing competition.

I know we're strict. And I normally would not mind if there was a V6 ultra-laid-back-Lounge on some other site. People have a need to post stuff that we don't tolerate here.

But its never that clean.

On every other "alternative" V6 site there has always been bashing of this site and myself in particular. I know the admins do not condone it but it happens and it happens a lot. If someone gets banned here, obviously they will have an attitude and will feel free to express it any chance they get on any V6-related sites they find. That part is fine in my book. I only get pissed when I see hypocrisy: members who are all smiles here and who I speak to in the chatroom and who are really nice who then go to that other site and run their ****ing mouths about ME. I have no respect for people who are nice to your face and then stab you in the back. And yes, I monitor other sites, and yes, I have a **** list of people who have done this. The fact that the admins on said other sites don't immediately delete those threads actually helps me, it allows me to print out the evidence.

Comment

There are other V6 boards??? Kidding, I've visited them. But the most popular I have visited had like 600 members, and like 20 new posts a day. Nothing exciting. Texas Speed will continue to support THE performance oriented V6 F-body site:) I've been here for a good while, well before I started working for TSP. I can't imagine wasting away most of my day anywhere else [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I have a link to a great pic of a 400 lbs. black women, sitting down wearing red and having a MASSIVE cameltoe, with a little gremilin graphic popping in and out of hte cameltoe...
                I like the lounge here and I'm glad you can't post things like that here. There's plenty of things on the internet that I don't want to see but I still can't help but look. [img]redface.gif[/img] I've seen way to many things on the net that I can't get out of my head.

edit: not that I would find the fat black chick offensive, I'm talking about other things
                - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
                  hopefully hawgs will join 'em
                  I am glad you like me so much you decided to include me in your post, however I was already a moderator over there and was quite active. I am a member of other boards, not only this one. Thanks for the suggestion though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think he was referring to Hawgs joining the ranks of the banned... [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

Comment

I plan to start a forum and chat service for v6 cars. It will be cut up into sections/mini forums for Mustang, GTP/Regal/Bonneville, F-body, Nissan 300zx/350z/Maxima

Also lots of documentation and do it yourself guides and walkthroughs for each car. We will provide pictures and perhaps dedcated companies like intense or zzp or any nissan aftermarket companies will be able to help us, as we will help them with sales by educating and experimenting with these vehicles as well [img]smile.gif[/img]

We should be up and running by fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
                        I think he was referring to Hawgs joining the ranks of the banned... [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                        Oh... hehe, been there too once. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

I posted there once or twice, then people started getting Neons, and other cars. Then it just turned into a "I don't care if my car is a girl/granny/gay car it can still beat/out manuver/get better MPG than you do!" forum. I think the only member that owns a V6 F-body on there now is Hawgs. -.-
                          Sick-Sixx Member<br />99 bright red Firebird, K&N filter, Flowmaster muffler with duel outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by Red V6 Raider:
                            I like the lounge here and I'm glad you can't post things like that here. There's plenty of things on the internet that I don't want to see but I still can't help but look. [img]redface.gif[/img] I've seen way to many things on the net that I can't get out of my head.

edit: not that I would find the fat black chick offensive, I'm talking about other things
                            I agree... I wouldn't try and post it here, but I am sure there are 20 guys that woudl laugh at the pic... Just something to come home and give you a laugh.

I have seen some things on the internet, that are not necessarily raunchy but had me on the floor laughing for 20 minutes, but something that has like one boob pop out for half a second and its not work safe...

not saying this site has needs that but some people enjoy it.

And stefan, I understand getting upset at people for bashing your site... there was talk of not trying to start a www.camarov6.com war with whatever site... The site was to be a laid back site where people can B.S. that happen to own v6 pony cars.

Everyon knows this is the "all powerful" v6 tech site, probably gonna stay that way for awhile, but nothing wrong with networking out on the internet... Especially reaching out to our v6 brethern the Mustang.

Sure we joke Mustang guys smell funny and our dumb... but fact is, a mustang guy is the primary reason for co-creating the fastest non-juiced v6 f-body... and possible in a few months the fastest v6 f-body...

Comment

Sure we joke Mustang guys smell funny and our dumb...
                              ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

Originally posted by 99redbird80:
                                I posted there once or twice, then people started getting Neons, and other cars. Then it just turned into a "I don't care if my car is a girl/granny/gay car it can still beat/out manuver/get better MPG than you do!" forum. I think the only member that owns a V6 F-body on there now is Hawgs. -.-
                                He's not the only one
                                The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X