Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got pulled over

yup
    I was driving down Vienna road for about 3 or 4 miles behind the same person. He was doing between 45 and 50 in a 55 (but in the worst way, he would speed up to 50 and about the time I got up to 50 he would slow back down to 45) So I kept trying to look for a break in traffic so I could zip past him. I finally found it and punched it to the floor from about two carlengths behind him and let off when I got to his door and coasted (too fast btw) around and got back in my lane. Problem was, there was a state cop driving towards me. Tagged. Nothing I could do, I saw him pull over on the side of the road and I knew I was done. By the time I got past him and looked in my rearview mirror he had already turned around and was behind the car I had passed. So at that point I just put on my blinker and pulled over. No point in continuing. I know at this point the people I passed were probably laughing their asses of. Me on the other hand was pretty nervous. I put on the hazards as he pulled over and flipped on his lights. He came up and asked me for registration proof of insurance and my license. I started to dig through my glovebox to try and find my insurance, but my mom had just switched companies a few months back and never gave me proof of insurance. Now in Michigan we have some awesome laws for insurance. They give you $140 non refundable (even if you find it later) ticket, and everytime you renew your plates for two years they charge you another fee (75 or 150 cant remember which)
    So now I'm sweating pretty good. He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. I said yes sir, I passed that car back there and I figure you tagged me speeding. He says yup I got you at 72mph. (Oh sh!t was all I could think cuz I had no idea how fast I was going) So then he took my license and registration back to his car for awhile and came back up in about 3 minutes (very fast) and said I'm going to let you off with a warning, but slow down Leslie.
    I said yes sir thank you very much.
    When he walked back to his car I looked over at my cousin and said I love him :D
    [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
    I was so thankful at that point. But I think I went 5 under the speed limit the rest of the day.
    Later there was a blazer driving down Vienna road going about 45 and speeding up to 50 and letting off back to 45 again. Know what I did? I kept a safe following distance and did 45 to 50 the whole way home [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

btw 16-25 over was something like $150 and 4 points
    and I was 17 over
    He is my hero for the day :D
    millionformarriage.org

Comment

i thought it wasn't illegal to go over the speed limit passing someone. you would figure its dangerous not to. glad you got off.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I thought loving your cousin was illegal in all 50 states?
        LOL, you got lucky man, I know I've been there before :D

That is the best speeding prevention right there for at least a month [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          i thought it wasn't illegal to go over the speed limit passing someone. you would figure its dangerous not to. glad you got off.
          ya, that woulda got thrown out in court. But that is good he was nice about it...

and dont let it discourage you from driving like and *** [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
          !! Drive it like you stole it !!<br /><br />I believe forgiving them is gods function, our job is to arrange the meeting <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.azclubgp.com/garage.php?mode=viewgarage&u=202\" target=\"_blank\">2002 GTP 40th Anniversary Edition Sedan</a> <br />-------------<br />Mods:<br />3.4\" Pulley<br />rigged K&N Filter<br />14.3 et

Comment

Yeah... do they expect you to go the speed limit even while passing?
            www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

So by your logic it would be alright if you passed a car doing a 100+ MPH more than him? Depending on how fast the guy infront of him was going at the time, 22-27 MPH faster than him is pretty dramatic just to pass.
              94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Camaro_SLP you are crossing the logical boundary here.
                If somebody is going 50 and you floor it, by the time you start gaining momentum you can easily hit 70 before you even pass their car completely. Even in my 3.4, if I floor it at 50 I will be doing 65 in a couple seconds.
                In this situation, I would have to agree that it seems safer to pass somebody 20mph over the speed limit than 5mph over the speed limit.
                <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip McCaffrey:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                  ya, that woulda got thrown out in court. But that is good he was nice about it...

and dont let it discourage you from driving like and *** [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
                  </font>[/QUOTE]It would be easy to have that ticket thrown out. From what I recall, I think pretty much in every stat, cops must first visually estimate your speed before using radar. It would be impossible for him to do that if he was driving towards you.
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                    I thought loving your cousin was illegal in all 50 states?

I was talking about the cop :D

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

That is the best speeding prevention right there for at least a month [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    No doubt
                    Now I'm paranoid lol

and regarding getting it thrown out, no proof of insurance is a pretty hefty fine by itself. (at least in Michigan) so he was still a nice guy.
                    millionformarriage.org

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro_SLP:
                      So by your logic it would be alright if you passed a car doing a 100+ MPH more than him? Depending on how fast the guy infront of him was going at the time, 22-27 MPH faster than him is pretty dramatic just to pass.
                      it was 17 over, but yeah I agree there has to be a line somewhere

also, when I told him I had just passed someone, he said I didn't see that, I just saw you coming around the corner pretty fast
                      so maybe that was why he pulled me over in the first place.
                      millionformarriage.org

Comment

As I recall, in most states it's illegal to exceed the speed limit even when passing.

Comment

I know in NY you aren't allowed to exceed the speed limit while passing. And like Denis said, I wouldnt be suprised one bit if that was true everywhere else, so I highly doubt they would have just thrown it out in court.
                          <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

We have so many experts on this board! I never knew how fortunate we were...

Comment

In Bama I think that you can not go over the speed limit when passing. But, I always do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X