Back to jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to jobs

Who else has a job you dont really do anything at? Not complaining or anything but sometimes you get bored. I work front desk at a hotel and i have like an hr of work in the morning{processing no shows, counting cash, making daily schedules} Then after that its pretty much 7 hrs of answering the phone and dealing with whoever comes in. So i pretty much stand around and try to look busy for 6 hrs and 45 mins. Fridays and saturdays i do 3rd shift laundry which is a good welcome change from my daily standing and browsing the boards.
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

I work as a runner at law firm, and jobs dont get much easier than that. Nobody cares if i get there on time, or leave early. My only real responsibilities are to passout mail at 3 oclock, and do my runs if i even have any. And if i dont, there's 2 other runners to cover for me. I basically take trips around the office whenever i feel necessary, and pick up mail from peoples desks and hand out faxes. That takes like no time at all, the rest of my job is just to kill time.
    -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Must be nice, on the week days I've got a million things to do and the phone won't stop ringing with the damn customers wondering where there stuff is.

It sucks you can only get stuff done on the weekends :(
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

i'd say 80% of the time i'm at work, i'm sitting by the front window watching traffic. i work at an old fashioned ice cream parlour and chocolate/candy company. one of the last few places in the entire country you can get an old fashioned chocolate soda!

anyway... other than making shakes, malts, sundaes, and whatnot, i pretty much just stand around. there's no computer or tv or anything though, so it's just sitting and watching traffic or people.
        1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Originally posted by j_downey50:
          i'd say 80% of the time i'm at work, i'm sitting by the front window watching traffic. i work at an old fashioned ice cream parlour and chocolate/candy company. one of the last few places in the entire country you can get an old fashioned chocolate soda!

anyway... other than making shakes, malts, sundaes, and whatnot, i pretty much just stand around. there's no computer or tv or anything though, so it's just sitting and watching traffic or people.
          how dare you speak of chocolate sodas and not offer to give me one, blasphemy i tell you!
          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by j_downey50:

how dare you speak of chocolate sodas and not offer to give me one, blasphemy i tell you! </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] i'll give you a free one if you drive up here.

actually, now that i think of it, my work (chocolatevault.com) is a popular place for car people. we had a group of 60 come in from the classic car club of america. some guy comes all the time that drives a 1st gen camaro. one of my co-workers' dad owns a 68 bird vert, a 69 bird (750hp), a 2003or4 Z06, and he's flying to chicago to look at a 1996 viper. we should get a group of fv6/cv6 members to come. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ October 23, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: j_downey50 ]
            1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:

how dare you speak of chocolate sodas and not offer to give me one, blasphemy i tell you! </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] i'll give you a free one if you drive up here. </font>[/QUOTE]dont tempt the white man, i got blankets with smallpox

Comment

how dare you speak of chocolate sodas and not offer to give me one, blasphemy i tell you! </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] i'll give you a free one if you drive up here.

actually, now that i think of it, my work (chocolatevault.com) is a popular place for car people. we had a group of 60 come in from the classic car club of america. some guy comes all the time that drives a 1st gen camaro. one of my co-workers' dad owns a 68 bird vert, a 69 bird (750hp), a 2003or4 Z06, and he's flying to chicago to look at a 1996 viper. we should get a group of fv6/cv6 members to come. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                </font>[/QUOTE]Oh my god that is the greatest website man ever created.
                I think I'm gonna order some stuff lol it looks sooo good...
                <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

</font>[/QUOTE]Oh my god that is the greatest website man ever created.
                  I think I'm gonna order some stuff lol it looks sooo good...
                  </font>[/QUOTE]the man that created it is in his 70's lol. feel free to order whatever you want. if you do place an order, have them inform me that it was somebody from the forum. we ship EVERYWHERE. we get orders from all over the US as well as other countries; we ship a lot to japan. we can custom make anything in chocolate. for example, a guy wanted a huge eiffel tower a couple months ago. it looked awesome.

[ October 23, 2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: j_downey50 ]

Comment

we make old fasion chocolate sodas at culvers...dont know how old fasion it really is tho
                    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X