FYI - car clubs and trusting your friends. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI - car clubs and trusting your friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI - car clubs and trusting your friends.

Are car club 'friends' that . . .

. . . charge to help work on a car.
    . . . repeatedly use the phrase "you better [insert task] or I won't help on your car".
    . . . help on your car once and hold it over your head continuously.
    . . . you lend your garage space to repeatedly so your 'friend' can charge other 'friends' for car work (while you help out and don't see a dime - the dime not being the issue).
    . . . you 'trust' enough to lend out your garage while you are away . . . only to come back and find tools missing, and the place a general wreck.
    . . . when questioned about the missing tools (etc), explaining that you understand things get placed in the wrong tool boxes, they never bother to look for or return the missing tools (or other things that turned up missing).
    . . . are lent a garage key because you 'trust' them, don't return it for months and never once say 'thank you'.

. . . really friends? :mad:
    What the heck is the definition of an enemy?
    [/soapbox]

[ June 08, 2004, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: TokenV6 ]
    OFFICIAL TROLL

Uh oh... looks like someone put A-Jax in her Pixie stick :eek:

Comment

I just finally got the key back to my garage (out since Feb).

If it wasn't for the small V6 following in the [club withheld], I'd just leave it all together. :mad:
      OFFICIAL TROLL

Comment

That really sux.. talk about being used.... :mad:
        2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

I'd leave it and start my own with the people who did not USE me.... Even a SIMPLE "thank you" would make me happy.

lol, Turn it around on them, they want to charge people, then you charge them for using your equipment/garage. Tools get check in and out. Tools not checked back in are to be paid for. heheh see how they would like that.
          Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Linxs:
            I'd leave it and start my own with the people who did not USE me.... Even a SIMPLE "thank you" would make me happy.
            I've tried, but for some reason they're reluctant to leave. :(
            OFFICIAL TROLL

Comment

screw that... call the locksmith... just make sure you get oen without a service charge and change the lock on your door for liek $20... [img]smile.gif[/img]

or if you want jsut change the lock yourself.

Thats crappy, I am glad I held up to a tip one of my older brothers gave me when I started getting tools together... never let anyone use them unless you are gonna be with them while they use it or you will not get it back.

In nealry 6 years of my main tools I care about... I have lost maybe 10 sockets, which isn't that bad at all in my book.

Comment

I've...read this before...

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...=020260#000000

Both posts you put " '' " around 'friends' so I would have to go ahead and come to the conclusion that these aren't 'friends' to you.

Simple solution, lock your garage and don't let anyone use it or your tools. If they confront you about anything, tell them to **** off. Seems like they are using 'you' along with your property.
                94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

damn that sucks. F them, they aren;t friends
                  New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                  RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                  crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                  The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro_SLP:
                    Simple solution, lock your garage and don't let anyone use it or your tools. If they confront you about anything, tell them to **** off. Seems like they are using 'you' along with your property.
                    That's the policy now, but we were once trusting. Heh.

Comment

I would tell them to goto hell. My friends never do that to me.

I help them they help me, we are a happy family. With a great big exhaust and a fart can or two, next time i hope to be racing you!

Comment

Those people are not your friends guys... friends just don't do stuff like that - if you let real friends use your garage while you were away, chances are, they'd try to have it be cleaner than they found it if possible [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for tool stealing, if there are two or more tool boxes, it's a little hard to keep some of the smaller stuff straight, but people should try to work it out. "Do you have my [enter tool here]?" "Not sure, but I'll look cuz I thought I had an extra 10mm somewhere in my kit"... yada yada yada...
                        ... blonde moments happen to the best of us...

Comment

Originally posted by token sebring:
                          As for tool stealing, if there are two or more tool boxes, it's a little hard to keep some of the smaller stuff straight, but people should try to work it out. "Do you have my [enter tool here]?" "Not sure, but I'll look cuz I thought I had an extra 10mm somewhere in my kit"... yada yada yada...
                          And that's exactly what I told them - that stuff happens! -- but all I ever got back was this one craftsman 10mm, no gearwrenchs, and no paddle. :(
                          OFFICIAL TROLL

Comment

at this point, if they took the paddle I don't know that I would want it back unless it sat in a giant vat of cleaning solution of some sort [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]

I would be so pissed.
                            ... blonde moments happen to the best of us...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X