Anyone know a good/cheap internet service provider? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a good/cheap internet service provider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know a good/cheap internet service provider?

Well after 3 months with AOL I decided it sucks the big brown one's 35.00 is too much for thier sh!tty service. MSN, well I never had any problems with them so that was ok but 24.00, eh well I know it could be cheaper. Juno just straight up sucked I always got booted off and I always have issues with there pop ups for some reason. Earthlink didn't even last me one day. Been thinking about getting Netzero high speed, it any good? 14.95 sounds ok. How about Wal-mart, is it any good?

Btw. High speed cable would be badass but it's not available here, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED W/ DSL! :mad:

Dunno many other net providers can someone name a few that are at the most 20.00? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys :cool:
    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

People PC is supposed to be good.

Comment

never heard but I'll check it out. thanks

Comment

NetZero used to be free :(

I'm 99% positive that Juno and NetZero are now the same thing, and I don't believe that NetZero highspeed crap for a second.
        ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

funny i was thinking on getting the "high speed" BS :(

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
            I believe the only way to speed up load times on dialup would be for them to cache popular webpages on their servers, or use extra space on your harddrive to cache pages you visit often. They cannot physically speed up transfer rates over your phone line. Therefor, sites like Yahoo and Google may load faster, but what about this board that's constantly updating?
            ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Dojo2000:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pontiac nino:
              I believe the only way to speed up load times on dialup would be for them to cache popular webpages on their servers, or use extra space on your harddrive to cache pages you visit often. They cannot physically speed up transfer rates over your phone line. Therefor, sites like Yahoo and Google may load faster, but what about this board that's constantly updating? </font>[/QUOTE]I believe it's some kind of compression they use before the page gets sent to you.
              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

I think net zero is still the cheapest. I heard it's pretty good. I used to sell it when I worked for best buy, only heard good reviews about it.
                99 camaro... WingsWest body kit, Billet grill, EBC Green Stuff break pads, tint\'s all the way around, magnaflow exhaust, ram air, Rebuilt trans, 3300 stall, and RS 3 alarm. FFF kit! <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/452573\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/452573</a>

Comment

pontiac nino im from the Rio grande valley as well. Your the first RGV guy i have ever seen on this board. Anyhow, i use Roadrunner at my apartment...it should be available where you are depending on where you live.
                  K&N, Whisper Lid, ACcel Wires, NGK plugs, Hypertech 160*, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, Ram Air hood, 2 Kicker 10\" Comp VR w/custom box<p>http://www.geocities.com/jc1cavazos/readersrides/rileybird.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Riley:
                    pontiac nino im from the Rio grande valley as well. Your the first RGV guy i have ever seen on this board. Anyhow, i use Roadrunner at my apartment...it should be available where you are depending on where you live.
                    Man how I wish I had Roadrunner :( but the cable company is too lazy to do the wiring to my neighborhood,I live in (almost) the boonies, well okay I do live in the boonies so I don't have many choices. Either dial up or DSL, DSL sucks it's nowhere near as fast as cable.

Im just minutes from you, im from Edouch, and always in Weslaco, McAllen, and Edinburg. Funny thing is i've never seen you're car around that area.
                    Badass car BTW
                    Only other person I know from here is Firebird49er maybe you'll see him post some time

.......Back to subject, I think I'll take my chances w/ Netzero see how that works out, BTW what ever happend to Bluelight didn't they used to be free? Oh well thanks guys.

[ June 08, 2004, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: pontiac nino ]

Comment

I use earthlink $19.95/month
                      New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                      RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                      crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                      The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:
                        I use earthlink $19.95/month
                        nu-uh I ain't going back to them, you can't make me!

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                          How about Wal-mart, is it any good?
                          That's what I'm using now and it sucks. Walmart uses AOL's 7.0 software. Just picture using AOL with Walmart logos plastered all over the place.
                          2006 Tiburon

Comment

Im on 56Mbps wireless connection and its all 100% free. :D

Comment

Originally posted by nda0602v6:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                              How about Wal-mart, is it any good?
                              That's what I'm using now and it sucks. Walmart uses AOL's 7.0 software. Just picture using AOL with Walmart logos plastered all over the place. </font>[/QUOTE]Damn, that's narrowing down my choices. :(

Originally posted by CAMAROWIDBASS:
                              Im on 56Mbps wireless connection and its all 100% free. :D
                              hehe, what'd you do? tap the neighbors phone line? [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] lol :D
                              I don't think we have any poor bastards in my block that have internet services.
                              Whatever happend to Bluelight?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X