My point of view...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My point of view...

Hello everybody, if any of you remember me, I've been away for while due to duties elsewhere, but I'm back now and looking forward to returning home (Nashville) soon, and starting college.

I've been reading through the posts from the past little while and I'm honestly intriqued by the attitudes of some of it's members on the subject of current affairs (Iraq and such).

Now when it comes down to it, I'm a pretty simple guy. I think my parents instilled into me a good and fair sense of right and wrong. I know not to start a fight, but will finish one if needed. I also know not to pick on people nor let others get picked on themselves. I've always been taught that if you can do something good for someone you should and that everyone deserves an opportunity to be happy. Maybe Mom & Dad were wrong, but thats where I'm coming from...

Now before some of you come in with experience and such I'll go ahead and say for the record that I wasn't even born for the Vietnam/Korea era (although my father was) and I was only in the double-digit age range during Desert Storm/Shield. I've read the stories about all of em, but I can't say I know it all (nor will I try, but I will give the respect due to those that were).

Also, I'm elisted Navy. Came in on my free will and such. I'm totaling out at 6 years, 3 pre-9/11, 3 post. So I've got a feel for how it was and it how it is. Given I'm just a lowly E-4, but I'm going to ask that those of you that have never been in the military at least think about what I'm saying.

Now for the real reason I'm writing this: I believe what we are doing in Iraq serves the greater good. Now I realize that this is really going to bend some of you out of shape and such, and I'm not going to mention names or try to change anyone's mind, I'm not that good of a speaker nor when it's all said and done does my life change by what most people think. But I've seen it with my own two eyes, and they are better now than they were. They have food, medical supplies, and fresh water. Things that only a few had before.

I've been watching CNN (although I prefer FOX News, they seem less critical, but too each their own) and seen what they talk about. Some of those bodies you see in those pictures - belong to people I know. I'm not sure why the media has choosen the path it has, but it seems they are so biased towards Pres Bush that they are bending the reality to their own version of the truth. I won't say that they are lying, but they are being selective of what they show and talk about, and I wish I understood why?

About those bodies of dead American Soildiers. Those boys knew what they were getting into when they signed on. Nobody signed on hoping to die - hell, I know I didn't - but when we all took our oath, we knew of all the potential hazards, and accepted that with the contract. Not-so-common sense says if you want a safe job, don't join the largest war-machine in the world... Those Hero's should be honored as such and remembered. Because at the end of the day, the world is a safer place because of their sacrifice. And if that isn't worth dying for, then nothing is. Because of the sacrifices of some, the children of Iraq will have the opportunities that their parents did not. And with those opportunities come the chance to see that history does not repeat itself again.

For those of you that don't Pres Bush, thats your perogative. All I'm asking is that you step back for one second, put your dislike for the man aside, and try and see the good that is being accomplished.

For those of you that are getting insulted by this I'll apologize in advance. All I ask is that you keep the name calling to a minimal since it is rather pointless over the internet don't you think?

Thanks for reading my little peace of mind, and I can't wait to come home.

I'm done...

Welcome back. Thanks for your services. I agree with you completely on the media, and the Iraq situation. Just wanted to let ya know that you aren't alone in where you stand. Thanks again, you and all of our servicemen have my respect. God bless.
    ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

alot of us really don't like war unless the rationale behind it has had some direct effect on us... something bad needs to happen for people to support bush more

god forbid it does
      ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X