corvettes are just like our 6....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corvettes are just like our 6....

This is gonna sound stupid but Im finding it to be very true...

Corvettes are a bigger under dog than our beloved v6...

Just how we compare our v6 to v8 mustangs and other cars the corvette is done the same way....

It was always my dream to own a vette (and Im very happy and greatful that I do) But I always thought that when I bought one I would be more than happy with a car that's capable of running high 12's stock.

Thats more than I ever dreamed possible with my convertable v6 maro(much more than I ever accomplished)

But just when I was so happy that I had a car that would easily smoke my supercharged v6 and my friends mach1 stang and my other friends nossed monte carlo and well you get the picture.....

I started doing some reading on several message boards.... I found out that my car should do anywhere from a 12.8-13.2 stock (wich is amazing to me)

but I also found out that now Im in a different class..... I cant compare my car to mustangs or montecarlos anymore....

As far as the mid level stock sports car goes it's dominated by the ss camaro (a car that stock for stock would give a C5 a decent run for it's money from what I ve read with the C5 usualy edging it out by a few tenths)

So the problem is that sure in mid level cars I got somthing special (and Im kool with that)

But at the class the corvette is in a C5 is a serious UNDERDOG!!!!! A high 12 second car just dosent cut it when you compare to vipers, ferraris...ect...

Every board I go to puts the vette down...

You should here the viper board... They say that the vette needs two more cylinders.....Now where have I heard that before.

And the ferrari board just talks about how (cheap) the vette is and how they could have one for everyday of the week.

Dont even get me started about the Lambos....

It just trips me out how I finaly get the car of my dreams and it seems like Im still in a v6 maro when I read all the stuff these guys post about my car.

I guess it just never stops no matter what car you get.

Unless you get a ferarri ENZO......I think it might stop then......He he he

Well I just thought I would post to how owning a vette is very similar to owning the v6 camaro....

In it's class the v6 maro running a normal 15.4-15.8 is a under dog to slightly more expensive 03 stangs and various other cars(not with Turbos or some good modds though)

In it's class the vette is also a huge underdogg compared to vipers and well you know the list only goes up from there.......Oh.... Ive done my research and even the Z06 will get spanked by a viper....By like a half second or less depending on drivers of course( a viper should smoke me by close to a second Maybe a little less if Im lucky)

They all post how "sure your car MIGHT be able to keep up through the 1/4 mile, but after that you'll get left in the dust"

I realize thats it's for the most part true but mann It makes me madd to have people talk crap about my car....

It SERIOUSLY feels like Im in the v6 camaro again with all these stupid v8's thinking there better than me......Only now the v8's are v10's....GO FIGURE

....WOW....Imagine how the guy who spent 70 grand for his 14 second v6 NSX must feel......
    Powerdyne 98 a4 convert<br /><br /> stock 16.6 @ 86 <br /> <br /> 6 lbs boost 15.1 @ 90 <br /> <br /> 04 A4 2.73 geared white Corvette Coupe<br /> <br /> stock- 13.5 @ 103 <br /><br />LS6 conversion-13.1 @ 107 <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98</a> ( pics of intercooled powerdyne)

Sorry i meant to post this in the lounge...OPPPPS
    Powerdyne 98 a4 convert<br /><br /> stock 16.6 @ 86 <br /> <br /> 6 lbs boost 15.1 @ 90 <br /> <br /> 04 A4 2.73 geared white Corvette Coupe<br /> <br /> stock- 13.5 @ 103 <br /><br />LS6 conversion-13.1 @ 107 <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98</a> ( pics of intercooled powerdyne)

Comment

Check this out though:

For the ferraris, you can have a Lingenfelter 427TT(based on Z06) that costs $165,000 and will run a quarter mile in 9.24s with a top spend well in to the 220mph range..show me a 360 modena that can do that with that price.

For the Vipers, if you had 8.3 liters you would beat them. Sad truth is, you out handle them and with a little work(way less than the price difference) you can own them in every way.

For Lamborghinis, really, this is the same thing as the ferraris.

Corvette is the best for your money hands down. Anything more is just a penis extension really.
      2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Whats the point of being the fastest thing on the road? It doesnt matter if you strap a rocket jet onto your car, there will always be someone faster/better than you in the world. That applies to pretty much everything in life also.

z06s have been pulling 11.7s at the track with stock everything, and last I checked, Vipers are mid 11s also, $30,000 more, and have 2 extra cylinders.
        \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

dont put down ALL vipers, the 2003 and up canhandle VARY WELL and many Z06 owners found out
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

your are now one a higher playing field, away from killing civics and mustangs. with some mods, it will be fast.
            2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Originally posted by 98GREENGLOW:
              You should here the viper board... They say that the vette needs two more cylinders.....Now where have I heard that before.
              [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

The HP/Dollar ratio for your car in stock form destroys every single one of them.
              If you put $10,000 into the C5, you should own just about all of them.

[img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] --------&gt; C5 Potential
              <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 98GREENGLOW:

The HP/Dollar ratio for your car in stock form destroys every single one of them.

[img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] --------&gt; C5 Potential
                </font>[/QUOTE]not realy 22K (lingenfelter twing turbo, 427, blah blah) then you would own 99.99999999% of the cars and still drive it everyday. and still be less then the viper
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bluebird:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 98GREENGLOW:

</font>[/QUOTE]not realy 22K (lingenfelter twing turbo, 427, blah blah) then you would own 99.99999999% of the cars and still drive it everyday. and still be less then the viper
                  </font>[/QUOTE]2nd one

Price: $6,495.00

Put $3,000 more into a few more mods. There ya go!

Also these, for a little more

BOO-YA!! :D
                  <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

moving to lounge...........
                    Past Ride
                    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
                    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
                    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

as some other people said, no matter how good you are there will always be somebody better.

even if you had an enzo or F50, you would be in competition with mclaren F1 and koenigsegg owners... and if you had one of those you are obviously on the top of your game and you would STILL have to keep up with grand prix cars! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

be glad that you are faster than 99% of the cars that see the road daily.

Comment

Ohh...Trust me I am glad....I just posted this because I never realized how the rest of the high dollar sports car world puts the vette down...

They say things like "get your entry level sports car off our board"

Or you could have at leaste got a REAL bottom level supercar like a "viper"

Or if I wanted somthingto get me here and there Id get a "Z06"

I mean it just realy trips me out how arrogant all these rich guys are....

Even the guys on the vette board can be pretty arrogant too. Dont they realize that a guy in a Z28 has basicly the same exact engine , but just happens to be in a heavier car........

Yet they sill talk crap to LS1 and SS owners???? Why cas they didnt spend another 20 grand on some fiber glass?????

All those rich guys are for the most part pretty rude and obnoxious...

Some of you should just check out there boards....Just do a search on viper message board on lambo message board and check out how arrogant these guys are man......

Dont the realize that on a good day a person like Shane or Shirl could beat there 1000,000$ car down the track???????????

But if some one even post that a Vette hang with one they get all mad saying how it culd never happen...

Any ways I just think it's funny reading on the supercar/super rude boards...

Oh BTW.... From what Ive been reading it seems pretty easy to turn a vette into a high 11 sec car... But I dont want to get hooked again or possibly screw up my warrantee, so Im not gonna take it to the track or modd anythig...

I am gonna do a dyno though just to see if I got a strog one r a weak one.

Comment

Ferraris and Lambos aren't built for the 1/4. Those are road racing machines and therefore are in an entirely different class than the corvette which is much more of a 1/4 mile car. I mean if you want to compare prices the corvette is completely in a different class than all of them. In actuality what it costs to buy a vette new you could buy an 02 F-Body and make it run 10's. Yet even if your modded f-body is still faster they will still tell you "It's still an f-body/mullet mobile/etc". There's no winning and even if you owned an Enzo people will still say "haha I payed 1/20 the price you did and my car is twice as fast!"

In the end it's all pointless. Be as fast as you wanna be. Settle for being faster than your friends is what I always say! lol
                          <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Originally posted by V6Maniac:
                            In the end it's all pointless. Be as fast as you wanna be. Settle for being faster than your friends is what I always say! lol
                            good advice...

and yes, we are well familiar with viper owners; a thread was posted here not too long ago where they took it to a new level of childishness.

[img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] yuppies

Comment

people will always talk chit unless you drive a car powered by a nasa rocket, or if you leave the sports class.
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camazoic\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camazoic</a><br /><br />Interest:Sports,Cars,Sport Cars,Sports with Cars in them, and using my Car to Sport(obselete meaning) in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X