3.8 vs. lt1 dilemma! what should i do - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.8 vs. lt1 dilemma! what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 vs. lt1 dilemma! what should i do

ok well i have looked and looked for cars, as i know both of these motors are incredible!!!! my dilemma is a 99 firebird black loaded ttops etc. vs a 96 t/a havent looked yet, was told very very clean etc etc it is from an individual person the t/a has alto doen to it with a frsh motor rebuild and a new opti!! has 4500 miles on motor, firebird has 98k they want 7500 for t/a lowest they will go is 7k i dunno how low i can get the firebird but i just need some advice!! what would you do type thing and what should i tell the dealer about the firebird, i am gonna offer him 5500 cash!!

save up some more money and in a few months get a nice Ls1 camaro or trans-am with low miles and in good condition. I wish i did that but then again im off to college in year and that wouldn't work out to well...but still ls1 get one
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

buy a third gen & swap in an ls2 w/6spd. looks & power.

do it.

do it.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

no ls1 i have school starting back next mon. i have been out since rita and i have no car that is not an option...trust me this lt1 is faster than an ls1

Comment

If I had to do it again...

lt1 6-speed. I bought this car thinking, newer won't have to put any money into it but I learned when you race and run cars hard they break no matter what.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

LS1
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

does neone understand i cannot get an LS1 i mean hell i would get a freaking c6 with an ls2 who wants an ls1....come on guys

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68:
                LS1
                [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Mo and the Camaro:
                  does neone understand i cannot get an LS1 i mean hell i would get a freaking c6 with an ls2 who wants an ls1....come on guys
                  but the ls1 is faster, you should get that...

I hate when people do that, like you don't already know that. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

i do know that and if i get this lt1 it is much faster than a stock ls1!! it is modded, it has heads, tune,custom headers, there is alot more i know it ran a 12.6 i believe on the track!!!

Comment

i do know that and if i get this lt1 it is much faster than a stock ls1!! it is modded, it has heads, tune,custom headers, there is alot more i know it ran a 12.6 i believe on the track!!!
                      I'm not seeing your dilemma here? 3.8 bird vs. fast LT1??? Hello? LT1.
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

does neone understand i cannot get an LS1
                        LS2

:D
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

LS7??? lol no chance, huh? haha
                          disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

honestly chet, rock the t/a its worth the extra moolah
                            The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chet Mo and the Camaro:
                              I'm not seeing your dilemma here? 3.8 bird vs. fast LT1??? Hello? LT1. </font>[/QUOTE]im with stupid/\/\ thats an easy decision

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X