How hard is it really to install headers and exhaust? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard is it really to install headers and exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is it really to install headers and exhaust?

I've got good common sense and I am VERY detail oriented and perfectionistic when it comes to stuff.... especially stuff worth 100s of dollars.... do you think I could do this stuff on my own? My dad knows how to weld, and I wouldn't mind buying a good weld kit to avoid having to pay for install costs. It would save me money in the end and I would end up with a weld kit and more experience [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Exhaust isnt that hard neither are headers, depends on what kinda car and the room.
    New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

what the hell is a weld kit? do you mean a welder?

Comment

I just mean the necessities to weld. I doubt there is a "weld kit" out there for sale lol. Just what I call the well... I dunno that names for the stuff I was like 8 when my dad welded, but y'know, the face-mask thing, welder, gas, starter, all that stuff. With my dad's experience I can save money and have the ability to weld in the future.
        Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

headers are hard for two reasons: the existing exhaust manifold hardware is probably rusted solid and the space is pretty cramped.

Comment

its not that bad, dont let chas discourage you. just give yourself a few days and make sure you do things right the first time. just make sure you have some side maney just incase you ned to run to the dealer or autozone to get something
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

If you don't have experience welding.. I don't recommend getting it welding your exhaust on. If you want to learn how to well get some metal and start welding.. if you can get it to hold up good and be solid. Then think about welding on exhaust. Otherwise let someone else weld it who knows what they are doing or get bolt on kits.
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X