No announcement yet.

Nascar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um.....test drive one of those cars (800+ hp) and get less than an inch away from the wall while coasting from the inside of a turn at 100+ mph. I would say, no offense Teal, like what Hawgs said; no your stuff before you talk. My advice to you, pick a driver and watch at least 25 of the 36 races in the year. Root for your driver and what not, get pissed when they fail, get pissed at the people who spin your driver out, get a big rush when your driver is going head to head with another on the final lap for the lead, etc, etc. You're comments are like me saying that golf is boring because all they do is hit a ball 300 ft, or yards, or whatever. (I dont know because I haven't looked into). I'm guessing now you get my drift............that I'm a HUGE NASCAR FAN! (DEI rules!).
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

Woooooooo DEI.
      WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

I have been a racing fan in general since I was just a little guy. I liked NASCAR and open wheel cars (Indy cars). I lost touch with open wheel racing when they split into the IRL and CART (over something as stupid as one wanted NA the other wanted forced induction). However, I have remained a big NASCAR fan. It is really hard to explain why I like it (besides I just like cars in general) I just do.

Last weekend (july 4th weekend) I had tickets to Kansas Speedway and saw the Craftmen Truck Series, IRL, and Infiniti Pro Series (IRL development league). I must say it was a great time even in the relentless sun and 90+ temps. I have tickets for Cup cars and Busch series in october (at Kansas Speedway you have to buy tickets for all 5 races, can't just buy one). I am really looking forward to my October races.

I was a huge race fan before I went and actually going to a race just cemented it.

Try going to a race and see if that changes your mind. The loudness of those cars/trucks will just plain amaze you. I think some people don't realize the skill/practice it takes to drive those cars even if it is an oval.
        SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Go to a race...

I honestly never really liked Nascar... but my girlfriend was always a fan and asked me tech questions and I started watching it little by little, and once I went to a race or two... ITS AWESOME!

Been to a short track been to Daytona... crap they play on TV does no justice of the cars...

Comment

Originally posted by 94TeaL:
            Nascar blows...
            left
            left
            left
            left
            left
            left
            FINISH!!

Try watching your tv in the mirror.
            ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

Originally posted by user1101:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 94TeaL:
              Nascar blows...
              left
              left
              left
              left
              left
              left
              FINISH!!

Try watching your tv in the mirror. </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
              1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

i dont respect nascar at all, except for the fact that they can make 800hp out of a 390cfm carb. that is amazing. the techonology is cool, the skill involved is nowhere near that of Formula 1 or CART.

Comment

Originally posted by j_downey50:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by user1101:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 94TeaL:
                  Nascar blows...
                  left
                  left
                  left
                  left
                  left
                  left
                  FINISH!!

Try watching your tv in the mirror. </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

we just had this discussion on the virginia tech car club site... all the series have their charm but martinsville is the only track i've been to.

supreme skill: WRC... even though i am the u.s.'s biggest F1 fan (hell, my im name is williamsf1 ben)

[ July 13, 2004, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: RallyRed 98 ]

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                      Go to a race...

I honestly never really liked Nascar... but my girlfriend was always a fan and asked me tech questions and I started watching it little by little, and once I went to a race or two... ITS AWESOME!

Been to a short track been to Daytona... crap they play on TV does no justice of the cars...
                      Werd been to Daytona 3 times, Talladega twice. Iwant to go to Bristol next.
                      WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

I have been to 10 Brickyard 400's, including the inaugural, been to the USGP 4 times, including the inagural, been to Talladega 3 times, been to Bristol at night once, been to Gateway International for an IRL race once, and I have been to 12 Indianapolis 500's.

I hate CART, CART sucks. And for anyone who thinks that the split was just between NA and turbocharged cars, there was a LOT more to it than just that. But out of all the races I have been to, the two mst exciting was my first Indy 500 and the Bristol night race. I would have paid anything to see those two races live again.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I would love to go to Bristol. I can't even imagine how loud it is inside that stadium with 43 cup cars in it.
                          SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

I'm actually saving up right now to buy tickets for the Bristol night race in 2007. Gotta couple months left to save up before they get sold out. Then I would have to save for 2008!
                            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

How much are the tickets to Bristol?

For the 5 races at Kansas Speedway I spent $270, which I don't think is that bad. Decent seats too. About half-way up the stands at the exit of pit road (at races the higher up you are the better the seat and so more money).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X