iPod worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod worth it?

I'm thinking about buying an iPod or iPod Mini. Are these really worth the money? They're expensive as hell, but I want something to hold an a$$load of music so I have something to listen to when I'm driving cross country in my work van.

Cross country in a van for work huh... by chance are you Matt Foley the Motivational Speaker? Staying in the van down by the river?

Comment

Sheeeeit, I wish my life was that glamorous!

Comment

You make it sound as if your traveling across the country picking dingleberries off elephants buttholes.

MP3 players are cool. I have a ton of MP3s and its always nice to take them around with me, be it when I am riding on the train to school or to the gym.

Comment

No he's Wild Bill looking for the next piece of his dress [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I've heard iPods are badass...
          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

No dingleberries, but at least Matt Foley was famous! Sort of. Ok, not at all, so maybe I do have it better than him. But YOU try doing a 10-hour surveillance in 91 degree/91% humidity and tell me how much you love it.

Comment

Well, if you're living in a VAN down by the RIVER...I'd suggest hitting up Amazon.com first and reading customer testimonials on the iPods.

From what I can see, everyone seems to love them. They are damn expensive, though. :|
              2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

They are nice but expensive...

my thoughts on your car trips, listen to the radio. Even talk radio. I listen to headsets at work, and mp3s started to get old. same with roadtrips when I listen to a CDs... I like the randomness of the radio, and findig new music I haven't heard.

If it was like $150 I wodul go for it but aren't they like $400 and backordered months for them?

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

my thoughts on your car trips, listen to the radio. Even talk radio. I listen to headsets at work, and mp3s started to get old. same with roadtrips when I listen to a CDs... I like the randomness of the radio, and findig new music I haven't heard.

If it was like $150 I wodul go for it but aren't they like $400 and backordered months for them?
                  I do listen to a lot of radio, especially talk radio. But I get into a lot of places where either there's nothing good on or just no reception. I've actually been in quite a few places where I couldn't pick up a single AM station and only 3 FM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

I do listen to a lot of radio, especially talk radio. But I get into a lot of places where either there's nothing good on or just no reception. I've actually been in quite a few places where I couldn't pick up a single AM station and only 3 FM. </font>[/QUOTE]hehe then I woudl consider one or just burn and assload of CDs do you have a CD player? Or are you looking to do the I-pod thing with the radio broadcaster?

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wannabe:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

I do listen to a lot of radio, especially talk radio. But I get into a lot of places where either there's nothing good on or just no reception. I've actually been in quite a few places where I couldn't pick up a single AM station and only 3 FM. </font>[/QUOTE]hehe then I woudl consider one or just burn and assload of CDs do you have a CD player? Or are you looking to do the I-pod thing with the radio broadcaster? </font>[/QUOTE]If I had a CD player in the van, this wouldn't be an issue. But I don't even have a working tape player, so I can't even use an adapter for a discman. If I get one, I'm gonna get iPod with an FM broadcaster.

Comment

My sister has one and it is cool. Just remember to charge it. I would get one. Only problem is that I have heard that after a while, the internal battery dies and it is impossible to replace it. This may be on older models though.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/compute...588084,00.html
                        New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                        RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                        crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                        The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

iPod's are totally worth it!! I've bought 4 since they came out, and it's some of the best money I've spent. Sound quality is great and I take it everywhere.

If you have the money, get one!!!
                          <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend_Ezekiel:
                            iPod's are totally worth it!! I've bought 4 since they came out, and it's some of the best money I've spent. Sound quality is great and I take it everywhere.

If you have the money, get one!!!
                            If you don't mind my asking, why did you buy 4? Have you had to replace them, or did you just want more than one?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X