beat up, wore down, black eye, all for more fun in the twisties - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beat up, wore down, black eye, all for more fun in the twisties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beat up, wore down, black eye, all for more fun in the twisties

just thought I'd fill everyone in on my adventure this weekend. I have bee kinda watching and collecting parts to redo my suspension and this weekend everything came together and its been kinda crazy.

anyway was gonna change out my springs for 1LE's, 21mm 1LE rear sway, bilstein shocks and had to replace a torn a arm bushing, got most of the other 1LE stuff already under the car,

so I had my friend who leaves his truck parked at our house bring his keys over so I could have a second vehicle to run parts in while the bird was down, friday afternoon I get home to start the project and go pick up an air compressor to use with my new air tools to find his truck broken into, I was just in it the night before and that night my car sat in my carport 40 ft away from his truck with the tops off, dunno if the truck was broken into that night or while I was at work that morning. needless to say I lost my parts running vehicle for the rest of the weekend.

friday start pulling parts off and when it comes time to get the shock apart from the spring the bolt at the top of the shock was completely rusted over and auctually brought a halt to my progress for friday evening,

saturday morning starts out with a trip to walmart to buy dremmel cutoff wheels to cut the bolt off, saturday ended with me loosing a castle nut for one of the upper ball joints, at that point I had most of the front end back together and just needed that 1 nut to finish everything up, so after a couple of hours over that crap I finally called it a day.

this morning I start back to working on the car, find the missing castle nut and put the front end back together, only after the wrench slipping off one of the sway bar bolts and hitting me right in the eye, leaving a small gash and nice black eye.

the rear of the car went very easy(that's about all that went easy) and now the car is back together and will hopefully be aligned early in the morning

after days of crawling around on concret, my hands are beat up, knees are busted up from crawling on concret, I am sore in places I didn't know you could be sore, but the first time I took the car into a corner after everything was said and done it was all worth it.

oah I forgot to add I did everything completely by myself and it as near 90 all 3 days..

anyway just thought I'd share my weekend with everyone, after this though I dont' think I will be attempting any more big installs for a while though to be honest I am so itching to do headers and a full exhaust.. ;)
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

good **** bro.. if i only had the tools....
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X