dont know waht to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont know waht to do

have you ever met a person that absolutely rubs you the wrong way? i mean....just looking at them makes you want to pull out the nearest metal object and beat them over and over and over again until they just stop living? let alone hearing them talk and make stupid comments and in general be what i would classify as a huge focking douche bag.

i am a manager at a fast food restaurant and this guy is a worker there. i HATE HIM. i HATE HIM! just looking at him makes me sick inside. im not sure completely why besides hes one of those very rare "guys" that doesnt get along with other guys. all of his friends are girls (fat ones). okay so.....everyone at that place knows i hate him, including the man himself, jon.

me and one of my two upper managers were swapping email and he asked me why i hated jon so much (hes gay so he likes him, so i write back.. oh its so ghey that i have to close 6 nights in a row alone with jon, why why??!?!?!

he in turn shared that with my other manager who sent me this email :

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. We have already talked to you about this and we have also talked to jon about this. Jon does not have any clue why you hate him so much. We asked you to resolve your differences and to just deal with it, and you have chosen to continue this behavior and make it a problem.
    Its pretty much childish and not needed in the work place. We all work with people that we dont like. Its not a choice.
    When your reason for hating someone is "they dont have a personality" its really hard for us to resolve that problem. We cant go to jon and say "T.C. thinks that you have no personality, could you fix that?" Its a PERSONAL issue that you have with jon. If you had some substantial claim like, he didnt do his job, or he didnt do what you asked him to do or something along those lines it would be different.
    There is nothing that Nick, or I can do about you not liking jon's personality. I dont want to hear anything negative about jon (or anyone) in the workplace. Unless you have a REAL complaint about the work ethic of your peers. All you need to do is come to work, clock in, and work for what your getting paid for. No one is asking you to love, like, or even be friends with jon, we just ask that you two work together to create a decent work environment. And when your running around complaining and pouting about who you have to work with, then your not creating a decent work environment.
    I'm suprised that this behavior has continued for so long from you, it definatley wasnt expected. I expect you to "suck it up" (so to speak) and come to work with a positive attitude like everyone else.

now...i understand that jon doesnt hate me like i hate him...he doesn know why i hate him..i dont know why i hate him so much.. i think he just rubs me the wrong way.... i also understand that i am causing the "problems" but i cant help it.... they know i hate him and they schedule me like over a week in a row 8 hrs alone with him....every day......

my hate for jon only grew exponentially when i learned that after a few short months hes in training for being the postion i am in..a shift manager.... i have worked there for 14 months or so before i became one...so i am mad about that too...

my managers are very biased VERY biased..so anyone whos personality they hit big with...they will "help" ALOT. ive seen people take 1 yr to become a manager..others 4 months... most of the shorter ones are horrible managers with no leadership skills..

now both of my managers have told me im top dog.. im the best.. i know im the best..im the only one unconcerned with the other workers opinions of me...

so what would you guys do?

i hate him alot. i have to work with him alot. and ive been severly lashed out at for expressing my hatred in a private email. now i really realy hate working there when a week ago i loved it.... my whole job has gone south due to super douche.

well, if anyone understood my ramblings...please leave a comment. good or bad... i know im gonna get a bunch of its my faults. but keep in mind he rubs me the wrong way which makes me hate his breathing....
    The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Welcome to the working world. I have been working with people I hate for 6 years, there's nothing I can do about it. And yes, I've been passed over because I'm not 'friends' with management. Our old part time guy was making a dollar more an hour then me. He'd been there for 6 months, and I was there for 4 years.

Then he got promoted to supervisor after being there for only a year and a half.

But I take comfort knowing that eventually my business will make me more money then he'll ever make. I also take comfort in knowing I really make more then them because I'm tax exempt and only pay 1200/month in bills...to his 3k/month in bills.

But I've never, not liked someone just because.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

You can take your managerial job title somewhere else if it irritates you so bad. Taking your anger out on someone will eventually produce a paycut in your salary. Remember this though, YOU ARE HIS MGR! So why sweat this?

I've seen the faces and attitudes of workers in certain fast food places who don't really give a damn but they are there just to make a buck to survive and have a free fried meal everyday. It seems to me in my opinion that fast food restaurants hire only those who have no such credible background but to start at the bottom and those people sometimes are undesirables.

At one point in my life, I oversaw 3 tech reps and 1 of them was a very slow learner that I had to reteach over and over again. This reminded me that there are people who aren't competent enough in the real world. Having that said, your duty as a manager should tell you the same thing. Work your way up to attain other goals in life and leave the rest of your nightmares behind.

( Why does this remind me of the hilarious movie 'Coming To America' with Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall and Louie Anderson, all fast food workers at McDowells. The "lettuce" interaction in their scene killed me in laughter, go rent it! ) [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Where do you work at?... I know how you feel.. i hate this one guy,, hes never said anything bad to me or treated me with disrespect but i realllllly dont like him.. i dont know why but i cant stand the kid.

But now that your atitude changed toward your work place.. i would put in a notice and find a job elsewhere with your experience being a manager.
        Good Luck
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i work at a DQ restaurant. im only recently 18, not exactly alot of exp under my belt. i dont know what i want to do with my life so i dont want to go find a real job yet....or at least thats what i keep telling myself.

im going to try to ....not say or THINK anything bad about him. he had some problem and couldnt work today so i get a reprieve today....
          The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

Originally posted by Yaba3800:
            pull out the nearest metal object and beat them over and over and over again until they just stop living?
            That's what I'd do. J/K

But seriously, I would start applying at different locations while still staying at DQ and then see what offers you get. Then once you get a good one, you can say bye to Jon however you want.
            Good Luck!
            -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

i work at an Arby's and there isn't a general manager, just a few assistant managers that are in they're mid 20's(like most assistant managers). i've worked there for 3 months, and it is my first job in fast food. i would describe the training that i have received as "half ***". they didn't have me watch the orientation videos like they were suppose to, and if i asked them how i was supposed to do something, they would get upset because they already showed me. ya, they showed me, they showed me so fast i could barely remember it. but it get's better. the district manager sent a general manager from another Arby's to come to our store for a few weeks to "help out". what happens then? we get 2 new people. when it's time to train, they show them the videos, and do things at a much steadier pace when teaching them how to do something. why didn't they do the same with me? now that we got this geneneral manager who's 40 and more experienced looking over us, they decide to straighten up? that's bull****. young people are too quick think about what's really important. you Yaba, are one of those people. and you're not even in your mid 20's. you been working there for 14 months, and you're a manager? that's a really short amount of time to become a manager. whoever hired you as a manager is really dumb. i don't care if a person knows how to do everything at the store, and they do it fast, and they do good at it, if they can't support and communicate with the people they work with, and work as a team, no way in hell should they be a manager. they end up firing someone because "oh, they're ugly", "oh, they're fat", "oh, i don't like them". all the reaon's that immature young people like you come up with. and you don't even know why you don't like him. maybe you should get to know him more. and if you're not willing to get to know him more, at least start working with him like a teammate. dude, you're a manager, you need to start thinking more logical about things, or you're gonna end up losing your job. and for the record, i'm 20 years old.
              1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

Seriously, it seems as if you feel threatened by this guy somehow. Maybe you should, seeing as how you're very irrational and immature in how you deal with your fellow coworkers. You should understand that just because you're a manager doesn't make you more valuable, or better than anyone else that you work with. You're a TEAM. Without working together, the job doesn't get done.

The fact that you're having interpersonal issues with someone for no real reason, and it doesn't seem as if you want to try and resolve them points to a lack of maturity. BTW, the letter you received from your superiors doesn't look good for you.

This is all IMHO...
                Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

i know exactly how you feel.. i work at a local steakhouse and me and this other girl both cook.... the other thursday night it was me her and this other cook runnin it and my boss wasnt there... and she went in the back and talked to the dishwasher the whole night and wasnt helpin us... so i was doin my job and hers and couldnt get it done fast enough so people got up and left...i told the woman in charge that this girl, jesseca, wasnt workin and she went and said somethin to her.. then she got really mad and wouldnt say anything... but somehow the next night my real boss cut MY hours. WTF?! i was so pissed.. cause this girl doesnt do her job ever.. shes been there less than half as long as i have and makes the same as i do... she does a half *** job of everything. and thers not a thing i can do about it. i've told both my bosses about it and they wont do anything. sorry for thread jackin a little but i guess i needed to vent too.
                  anyway... i dont know what to tell you.. me and you are in about the same position except at diferent food places.. lol i'm prally just gonna have to make her look bad til they fire her...

thats what you could do.. just sabotage that jon guy and then complain how he did something wrong and get him fired.. problem solved! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

i dont want to leave this dq. ive worked here almost 2 years. 14 months till i was manager. and no it wasnt too soon. i am the best manager there, both of the store managers tell me that alot. i dont deal irrationally with my fellow co-workers. if i ever say anything to this guy, its telling him stuff about work. never say anything negative to him or put him down. i was talking o my manager who is agood friend and he told the jon kid about my contention. i never did anything towards him.

as far as me being too immature to be a manager, maybe its true. i dont think it is, but maybe it is. ive always had natural leadership capabilities.

so lets say that i am being ridiculous about jon...lets say i stop saying anything bad about him. i will still hate him. i know he is a douche bag. he cheated on his best friend of 14 years. started banging his girl....

well...im really confused...

Comment

i also wrote an email to my manager friend whom i wrote to in the first place and i told him how i felt very frustrated about the email i got and that i felt he kindof betrayed my trust by showing that to the other manager and getting me in trouble. i feel that i have that right, as all i wrote was in a private email to him, and he brought jon up in the first place

Comment

Thats good.. i would have done the same and i respect that

Its ****ty that one douche bag employee can ruin such a good working atitude.
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                          Welcome to the working world. I have been working with people I hate for 6 years, there's nothing I can do about it.
                          Quoted for truth. everywhere you work there will be someone who rubs you the wrong way. i havent had a job where it hasnt been true. and ive been working since i was 15 and am now going on 24. learn to deal with it becuase it only the tip of the ice berg.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Yaba3800:
                            have you ever met a person that absolutely rubs you the wrong way? i mean....just looking at them makes you want to pull out the nearest metal object and beat them over and over and over again until they just stop living? let alone hearing them talk and make stupid comments and in general be what i would classify as a huge focking douche bag.
                            First Rule: Keep it about job peformance.

You have made it personal - bad move. As a GOOD manager you shouldn't "like" or "dislike" anyone at a personal level. Don't be judgemental. Liking or not is subjective - stay with job performance FACTS.

BTW, with 20+ years in leadership I have gone from supervisor to manager to director (present).
                            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by bret_xi:
                              i know exactly how you feel.. i work at a local steakhouse and me and this other girl both cook.... the other thursday night it was me her and this other cook runnin it and my boss wasnt there... and she went in the back and talked to the dishwasher the whole night and wasnt helpin us... so i was doin my job and hers and couldnt get it done fast enough so people got up and left...i told the woman in charge that this girl, jesseca, wasnt workin and she went and said somethin to her.. then she got really mad and wouldnt say anything... but somehow the next night my real boss cut MY hours. WTF?! i was so pissed.. cause this girl doesnt do her job ever.. shes been there less than half as long as i have and makes the same as i do... she does a half *** job of everything. and thers not a thing i can do about it. i've told both my bosses about it and they wont do anything. sorry for thread jackin a little but i guess i needed to vent too.
                              anyway... i dont know what to tell you.. me and you are in about the same position except at diferent food places.. lol i'm prally just gonna have to make her look bad til they fire her...

thats what you could do.. just sabotage that jon guy and then complain how he did something wrong and get him fired.. problem solved! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              the example that you have given is invalid. Yaba has taken his problem to the personal level, the example that you gave involves not doing the job. there's a difference. so you and him are not in the same position.
                              1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X