• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think you know everything?

You Think You Know Everything

SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

Almonds are a member of the peach family.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."

There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.

..............There , now you know everything!

this is just something i ran across, not sure if its all true, but makes you think
    96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

i know all of that already ;)
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

" not sure if its all true"

good thinking:

"February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon."

It happens about every 19 years (always in February, obviously).

"Actually, about one year each 19 has two Blue Moons, because its shortest month, February, has no Full Moon at all; for the Eastern Time Zone, the complete list of such years from 1951 through 2050 is 1961, 1980, 1999, 2018, and 2037"

http://www.ips-planetarium.org/plane...eBlueMoon.html

and:

"No word in the English language rhymes with month"

The answer, said Professor North,
      (who's worked on it a month)
      is not simply X to the N
      but X to the N+oneth

"The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns."

2000 miles X 7 pounds per gallon X 5280 feet per mile X 12 inches per foot, divide by 6 inches =

1 billion pounds

divided by 2000 pounds per ton = 500,000 tons of fuel.

I don't think so. The whole ship weighs 70,000 tons.

Actually, it's 50 feet per gallon:

http://www.qe2.org.uk/engine.html

5,000 tons of fuel, more reasonable

"In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated"

Not true, according to:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication

I suppose the meaning of the word could be argued.

The above is not a complete list (nor is it completely accurate :D ).

[ January 20, 2006, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: V6Bob ]
      2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

"Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing."

I have no evidence to back it up but I learned in bio that our eyes grow the least of all our body parts, but they do grow.
        There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

V6Bob, have you no life? [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
          99 WS6
          13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
          tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

"A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds."

If you own a goldfish, and everytime that you feed him you shine a flashlight onto the top of the bowl, he'll come to the top of the bowl even when you don't drop any food in and just shine the flashlight.

Its a conditioned response, and I would imagine requires some sort of memory.
            -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:

If you own a goldfish, and everytime that you feed him you shine a flashlight onto the top of the bowl, he'll come to the top of the bowl even when you don't drop any food in and just shine the flashlight.

plus mythbusters did a study on this where they had them go thew a maze and they passed. it was somthing like month study.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

"A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. "

Sort of. In the context of the Linux Operating System, this is correct. Linux uses a variable called jiffies to track "time". Otherwise, it means "an instant".

Oh, and the knee-cap thing:

Newborns do have kneecaps. Kneecaps form about the fourth month of fetal life. However, they don’t show up on x-ray very well because they’re not ossified, or bony. At this point in life, the kneecaps are made of a cartilaginous material. The growth centers surrounding the kneecap form late in developmental life in utero and may not appear until just before or just after the infant is born.

I love being difficult. :D

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:

i was thinking the same thing. when our goldfish see us walk by they go nuts and start picking at the surface of the water.
                  96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

I've had tropical fish and goldfish. I think what your talking about is conditioning.

Really, babies are born without knee caps? I was a biology major. I've never heard of that.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X