Which Pair Of Driving Sunglasses Do You Wear? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Pair Of Driving Sunglasses Do You Wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Pair Of Driving Sunglasses Do You Wear?

"Winter" weather is upon us here in the Northeast but so comes the UV glare that accompanies with it when driving in snow. Short of wearing welding goggles, which brand pair do you all use and own? I am looking to buy a decent pair so I can keep my eyes. Cheapie glasses don't cut it for me anymore.
    :cool:
    This question applies to the Southern and Western peeps that live where it's sunny most of the time.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Oakley Half Jacket XLJ

I've been wearing eyeglasses for about 7 years. Just recently got contacts. Ran out the next day and got these. I love them!
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

maui jims. im an oakley guy, have always worn them, always loved them. i went to the sunglass hut, tried on a pair of maui jims and fell in love. they block out so much glare. i drive on a crazy highway every morning, there is maybe half a foot on either side of the car, with a cement barrier on one of the sides, road is filled with potholes. one stretch is going right into the sun, with my old glasses i though i wasnt going to be able to see, and i would have to guess on where to go [img]tongue.gif[/img]

got these bad boys and i can see again!
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Oakley half jacket also..
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

It is all about half frame glasses. They are so much more comfortable and good looking. That or aviator glasses, everyone needs a pair of Vegas glasses. I'm with you on the Maui Jims. Those are sweet. But I drive with my tinted visor since I have only a bike and I look goofy in glasses anyways.
          There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

i have alsome american eagle sun glasses. believe it or not. i have had 4 pairs of the same glasses cause i just love them so much and i'm hard as hell on them. (wear them 24/7/365) but i doubt that you want chick glasses!
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I used to spend a lot of money on Oakley M-wires. Then my son started destroying them.

So now I get my fake frogskins in NYC for $5/pair. (You have to bargain. they start at $15.)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I used to wear expensive rose colored Serengetis but they were heavy on the bridge of my nose way back when. Times have changed now with the style, glass composition and lightweight materials being used so far. I have yet to visit a Sunglass Hut and look for these particular Oakley half Jackets.

Everybody keep up on your favorite types of sunglasses so I can narrow down my choices!
                Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Rayban Aviators
                  2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                  Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

i always wear my big pimpin aviators
                    2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

Cheap walmart sunglasses, as long as they're polarized.

Polarized is the key, kills all the glare of snow and ice (I'm from buffalo originally), as well as cancels the refelction of the dashboard that you see on the windshield as well.
                      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Sunglasses are for sissys
                        2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

I've got a pair of Spys and a pair of Aviators. I rarely wear either.
                          -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

as long as they don't look stupid and they are metal framed, glass lenses, thats about what I wear...

No clue where she got them, but my girl got me a sweet pare on ebay. Guess you take a chance since you cannot see them but they are pretty cheap. Other then that I just snag a pair or two from lost and found if they look good before we through it out.
                            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

i dont drive, so i dont know how mine would be, but i wear then all day long, everyday. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...andpat_-vi.jpg
                              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X