My boss can shove it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss can shove it!

I got reamed out today for 30 minutes because of a computer problem that wasn't my fault.

It's a long story but here it goes(cliff notes below), we upgraded some of our software on Friday. When I came in on saturday, the computer was extremely flaky, crashing everytime an alarm came in, and crashing randomly. Basically there was a real problem, but because our computers were fvcked, it showed everything normal.

Because the computer was having so many issues, I called my supervisor around 11am on saturday, 2 hours before the incident happened. He said, just deal with it, we're gonna iron out the problems on Tuesday when he comes in.

The computer was showing the station running within tolerences. It wasn't running at 100%, but it was still within what's considered 'normal' range.

They asked me why I didn't call the engineer, even though it was lower then it normally is. I told them, well because it was showing them withing normal range, so I didn't call. Apparently it was running at half power, but our computer showed it was alot higher.

They then asked me, well this other reading shows they were a littler higher then what they normally run. I'm like I take 120 readings every 3 hours, there isn't a chance in HELL I can remember what every station runs at. This software is glitchy, even before the upgrade. It shows false readings which are easily spoted for reading A, but impossible to spot for reading B. They told me that I need to be 100% sure that I'm getting accurate readings, which is again, impossible for certain readings.

I asked them, did they want me to compair every single reading to the set taken before, which is again, pretty much impossible to do in a timely manner.

I got reamed for few other anomolies in the cameras, the motion sensor didn't trigger right, i guess because I sit still in my chair. And they said the cameras were showing something different, which they weren't, they're just not picking up what I'm doing.

*Cliff notes* Computer was acting extremly flaky, I notified my supervisor and he said to deal with it until they could get the bugs ironed out. Then I got blamed because the flaky computers didn't report the problem.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

May i ask what you do?

I hate getting thrown into BS situations, especially when you know for a fact its [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

bosses usually suck? tell me bout it [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] .
      -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

http://www.stickingittotheman.com

a fine webpage about getting ahead at the cost of the establishment

i hate my boss too
        Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X