Bad Day for the Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Day for the Car.

If anybody remembers that ebay auction I won. It was the complete 5 peice Wings West kit, for a price of $200.00. Good deal huh, well after a month of waiting and calls and emails, the story basicly goes like this.

I win. I wait for instructions, no reply. I call him later that week, his dad was hospitalized. I understand. I send him out a check, and I wait and I wait. Turns out he got into it with his wife got kicked out of the house, and his wife burned down his garage. Ground effects include. So I put a stop on the check and I get my money back.

This morning I was puttin my new decals on the caliper and I went to check the torque on the caliper bracket, because I was getting a small thud, when I stopped in reverse. I figured I must have not tightened the bolt down as much as I should on my pads install. Well I get the rachet on there, and the bolt falls out, well half of it.

I get down to the parts dept, of my local Pontiac dealer, and the friggen bolt is 16 dollars. So I talk to the service guy and he says its too small to drill out, and if I bring it in, he will take a look at it, them quote me a price.

I might lose my caliper, if he cant get it out.

Meanwhile I need to get to school and work, and my car is drivable, I just gotta take it easy and hope I don't have to slam on my brakes.

Most of the bolt in in the bracket, only maybe a 1/4 in is in the caliper.

So I have decided to try and get it out tonight at friggen 9 o clock, because figgen school, and if I do get it out, I gotta rent a car in the morning.

Then I gotta contact the parts dept. and they gotta order the part from a remote warehouse, 5 hour wait.

The hardest part is that I gotta get this all done around school and work. Otherwise I gotta work on it, in the darkness of night or the darkness of the morning.

Ok rant over. At least I will have the money I was going to spend on the ground effects to pay all the expences of a snapped bolt.

Remember kids, this is why you don't want to **** around too much with your daily driver.
    Cardomain

can always buy 500$ beater for these kind of cases. Just buy it, and let it sit without insurance. When you try to work on ur car, get insurance for it for a few days while fixing your daily driver and then cancel again.

Comment

Originally posted by ka50:
      can always buy 500$ beater for these kind of cases. Just buy it, and let it sit without insurance. When you try to work on ur car, get insurance for it for a few days while fixing your daily driver and then cancel again.
      How old are you?
      Cardomain

Comment

That sucks...

Big reason I got my 2000 is I couldn't handle the problems from my 94.

I have spent many a nights, getting out of work ~1am, working on my car till 5 am and going to class at 8am.

IF you work on your car alot, I suggest a 2 AA Maglight, bright and fits in your mouth while you work on your car in the dark [img]smile.gif[/img]

I pulled my entire upper intake, fuel rail, valve covers all to adjust my rockers in the middle of the night with nothing but a small light that plugs into my cigarette lighter and a 2aa Maglite [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That sucks man.......for letting us chill at your GF's house..I'm sure we could all pitch in
          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

Originally posted by PewterBird:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ka50:
            How old are you? </font>[/QUOTE]First I appologies...that was uncalled for.

Second. I got it fixed tonight. Thanks agian to this web community. Things finaly went right. I relized I didn't need the bolt from GM, as long as I got the bolt spec correct. Thanks to a search and a post from Speedy v6. Then I was able to download the parts manual on the school compthanks to Blazin Joe. I got the bolt specs and picked up a bolt at the local autoparts store.

Luckily the Senior Service Tech Guy didnt know what he was talking about. He suggested that the bolt would be stuck in the caliper, and I would have to get a new caliper. Fortunatley the caliper is not threaded, the pin that goes through the caliper is. I took off the other bolt on the top, and slide the pin out. Put the pin in a vise, and whoalla.

[ September 22, 2004, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: PewterBird ]
            Cardomain

Comment

That's good to hear.
              <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X