Yet another great thing about owning a house - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another great thing about owning a house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another great thing about owning a house

Is your car insurance, I just got my bill, pre-house cost was $1024 every 6 months for my 2 cars, post-house rate $364. So set aside some of you mod money for a down payment on your own place, it is absolutely worth it.
    98 NOS\'d Camaro 3.8 A4<br />99 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 A4

Wow!!! :eek:

Working on it! Coughing up a downpayment/getting the loan approval on a $400,000 investment is going to take us a few more months though!

Comment

Damn! Thats a hell of a decrease.

Mine would have only been a 15% decrease had I been able to put my house on with the same company as my cars, but Safeco won't cover houses this old without jumping through many hoops, and no other company gives me rates this good on my car insurance.
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
        Wow!!! :eek:

Working on it! Coughing up a downpayment/getting the loan approval on a $400,000 investment is going to take us a few more months though!
        Noooooo! Don't do it, Stefan!

Mortgages are the pits; they drain everything from you. Enjoy your unencumbered life.

Just kidding; go on, help our economy.

And think about it: After you buy a house, then you get to play the exciting game called "Can we make it through the weekend without going to Home Depot."

:D
        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68:

And think about it: After you buy a house, then you get to play the exciting game called "Can we make it through the weekend without going to Home Depot."

Hey I like that game, I enjoy working on stuff around a house as much if not more then working on my car.

My attitude might change once my place is built and I have a garage to work in opposed to parkinglots.

Ground breaking meeting on Monday [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

Comment

That game is IMPOSSIBLE to beat!!! ;)
            <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Ahh...Home Depot. I should post some pics of my house right now...I wonder if the workers have installed the new kitchen counters yet [img]redface.gif[/img] . My parents are adding ANOTHER addition to the house, I helped them tear down walls (well, the non load bearing ones) and rip up the 4 floors in the kitchen down to the bare wood. I'm also working with my neighbor, we did his entire downstairs of his house hardwood flooring, this weekend he wants to start on the upstairs. Relatively high paying under the table jobs = great way for a college kid to make money :D .
              2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Eh... we're already veterans of that game. With all the random bolts and air/oil tubes and fittings our cars constantly need I think we go to Home Depot more often than we do to the grocery store. ;)

I should just give up and buy stock in Home Depot...

Comment

And think about it: After you buy a house, then you get to play the exciting game called "Can we make it through the weekend without going to Home Depot." :D [/QB]
                  I made 7 trips to HD plus 2 to Lowes in the first 3 days of owning mine.

I'd much rather work on the house than on the car.
                  \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Everglades W68:

Eh... we're already veterans of that game. With all the random bolts and air/oil tubes and fittings our cars constantly need I think we go to Home Depot more often than we do to the grocery store. ;)

</font>[/QUOTE]stefan and I had a visit to home depot together for some supplies for my car. well needless to say... i made the attendant leave us and made us cut our own piping. Then we went to the grocery store to pick up some beverages... and i made the cashier walk away from the register and walk out of the store.

I shouldn't get involved with him and Jen buying a house... i'd probably make the real estate agent and the lenders walk away...lol
                    ~Jessica~<br />Office Manager @ <a href=\"http://www.fbodycentral.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fbodycentral.com</a> <br />2001 Firebird GT NBM, A4<br /> <a href=\"http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/<

Comment

I have half followed it for awhile and its pretty decent. [img]smile.gif[/img] Probably went up a few points with hurricanes in florida, never thought you woudl go to home depot, and they woudl be out of wood, drywall, and concrete screws, on top of generators, lights and plywood [img]smile.gif[/img] Overall I hear prices are cheaper at Lowes though. This is coming from my boss's wife is a manager at home depot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also ever looking for screws and such for a car, Lowes is always better, in their hardware section they have plastic bins liek at RadioShack, and they have more machine style screws. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by fbirdgt01 :
                      stefan and I had a visit to home depot together for some supplies for my car. well needless to say... i made the attendant leave us and made us cut our own piping. Then we went to the grocery store to pick up some beverages... and i made the cashier walk away from the register and walk out of the store.

I shouldn't get involved with him and Jen buying a house... i'd probably make the real estate agent and the lenders walk away...lol

Did you forget to shower that day?

Comment

no...i showered... ask stefan!!! I don't know what it was i wasn't doing it intentionally...LOL they just got frustrated with me. LOL :(
                        ~Jessica~<br />Office Manager @ <a href=\"http://www.fbodycentral.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fbodycentral.com</a> <br />2001 Firebird GT NBM, A4<br /> <a href=\"http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/<

Comment

Originally posted by ellik:
                          I made 7 trips to HD plus 2 to Lowes in the first 3 days of owning mine.
                          Got you beat...

Owned by Lowes & Home Depot

We closed on the house on 4/23 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X