Radar detector>*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar detector>*

So I'm driving to work this morning, and I'm approaching an overpass where cops like to sit on the other side. I hate this place, because if it's dark you can NOT see the cop until it's too late.

Well, I slow down like I always do, to about 52-53 (speed limit is 45) and my detector surges to 5KA. I slow down to around 48 and keep going. Of course this pisses off all the cars behind me. So they ride my *** for about 30 seconds, and mash it past me. (Now its going off full 9KA)

At this point I'm laughing because I know what's lurking ahead. Then I see it, they all nail their brakes hard, and they're all changing lanes to avoid hitting the car in front of them [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

There were 3 cops sitting there. I was kinda pissed because they didn't pull anyone over, but it was still funny as hell none the less. A word of advice, when a bright yellow sports car is hauling *** 15-20MPH over the speed limit, then slows down to the speed limit, it may be wise to slow down as well. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

I've had the same basic thing happen to me. People don't realize why you go from speeding to speed limit and drop over into the left lane. They just look at you like you are on crack.

Comment

Haha my friends laugh at me. whenever they see m drop liek 20 mph in my driving they know they need to do the same fast!
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird:
        I've had the same basic thing happen to me. People don't realize why you go from speeding to speed limit and drop over into the left lane. They just look at you like you are on crack.
        I hope you are dropping OUT of the hammer lane. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

I always watch for the cars ahead of me to do a brake light festival. When that happens, you know there is a cop. Even people doing 5 under will mash the brakes.

I friggin hate tailgaters when you know there is a cop. Do the cops pull those a-wipes over? noooooo :mad:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

haha yeah I ment out of the left lane. I'll blame this one on just waking up.

Comment

ahh yes radar detectors save lives.. haha
            as of january 1st in illinois.. radar detectors are banned.. and blackouts on headlights or taillights so i cant wait to pull my car out of the garage in the spring and start getting b.s. tickets.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
              ahh yes radar detectors save lives.. haha
              as of january 1st in illinois.. radar detectors are banned.. and blackouts on headlights or taillights so i cant wait to pull my car out of the garage in the spring and start getting b.s. tickets.
              That's gay. They're trying to pass a law here to allow photo radar and redlight cams. I hope it doesn't pass.
              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

on ebay, they sell clear license plate covers that are perfectly clear to the human eye, but to camera's , radar, and those radar camera's at redlights .. it makes your license plate one big red square.. so they cant get your plate number
                I just typed in radar in the search and it came up with those.. luckily they dont have those around here yet but i will definatley be buying them when we do
                *Matt

Comment

That seems suspect... cameras and human eyes see the same wavelengths (400-700 nm). That's why they produce the same image.
                  1997 Camaro T-Top A4<br />Magnaflow cat & 3\" catback

Comment

Originally posted by Resident_Geek:
                    That seems suspect... cameras and human eyes see the same wavelengths (400-700 nm). That's why they produce the same image.
                    Negative. Cameras see UV and IR wavelengths,UV waves can create a bluish cast to the picture, which is why they sell UV filters. Cameras being able to see in IR is what allows for nightvision.

But those license plate things have nothing to do with the wavelength of light. It's about the offset angle. Once you get so many degrees off center, the clear plastic turns into a reflective surface, causing the camera to overexpose the license plate.

Comment

Nicely worded!. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                      *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Resident_Geek:
                        Negative. Cameras see UV and IR wavelengths,UV waves can create a bluish cast to the picture, which is why they sell UV filters. Cameras being able to see in IR is what allows for nightvision.

But those license plate things have nothing to do with the wavelength of light. It's about the offset angle. Once you get so many degrees off center, the clear plastic turns into a reflective surface, causing the camera to overexpose the license plate.
                        </font>[/QUOTE]yeah, they sell something similar in the back of car and driver in the classifieds. its some sort of spray thats supposed to beat the photocops.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

yea they have this spray in almost all of the popular car magazines that u spray on your license plate and it doenst look like anything is on it but when the camera takes a pic of your license plate its just a white flash on your plate.
                          JpX

Comment

Originally posted by Jpx87:
                            yea they have this spray in almost all of the popular car magazines that u spray on your license plate and it doenst look like anything is on it but when the camera takes a pic of your license plate its just a white flash on your plate.
                            yeah those only work if they use a flash
                            millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X