Confession ... but seriously, am I wrong? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confession ... but seriously, am I wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession ... but seriously, am I wrong?

Okay, I've been taking some heat recently from some V6ers who will remain nameless ... the crime is associating with persons of a higher displacement.

I am a proud member of
    www.firebirdv6.com / www.camarov6.com
    www.f-bodyhideout.com
    www.easternfbody.com
    ... and more

Two of those sites are largely V8 sites ... and I moderate the V6 section on one of them.

I am currently organizing the Caravan to SLP CAD cruise for all three sites ... if not more!

Some one tell me if I'm wrong for my actions, but dang it - I'm a supporter of F-Bodies, I get along with most F-Body owners and I don't care what's under your hood. I'm just happy to see another member of the brotherhood -period!

Jen... don't tell me these are my boys. I'll knock them the heck out. They know better.
    ~Jessica~<br />Office Manager @ <a href=\"http://www.fbodycentral.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fbodycentral.com</a> <br />2001 Firebird GT NBM, A4<br /> <a href=\"http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://fbodyqueen.tripod.com/<

Comment

mad because you are going to cruise with some v8 guys?

thats dumb. they are f-bodies, its basically working ont eh same car until you get into the motor some.

Comment

You don't have to own an F-body to be a die hard fan of Fbodies.

&lt;---Owns a Toyota but is a die hard Camaro fan at heart...

I swear to God I'll own an Fbody as soon as I get a better job, mark my words.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

whoever's giving you **** for hanging out w/ v8's sounds like they need to get a life. fbodys are fbodys
          RedlineVSix

Comment

No You are not wrong end of story!

Comment

Thats bs. A F-body is an f-body. Stop hatin'!
              <b>1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertible</b> Not stock (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Wrecked, 3/4/06)</i><br /><b>1995 Camaro 3.4L</b> (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Sold, 8/05)</i>

Comment

The hate is ok, it's just misdirected, and should be aimed towards.....Fords and imports, maybe?? :D
                2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

The only reason I don't hang out with V8 guys or post on V8 boards too much is just because I feel slow and a little out of place with a little six, that doesn't mean I would bash you for doing that. More power to ya!
                  -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Only reason I don't hang out with v8 guys or post on v8 boards is I got tired of hearing "get a real car" and "Stop wasting money on that thing" :rolleyes:
                    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Ehh I hang out with lots of v8 guys, and on v8 boards, don't have many problems at all they are all cool, we still talk about the same things. Is a power window motor on a v6 different then a power window motor on a 35th LE SS?

nope, another interesting fact is I run into TONS of v8 guys that formerly owned v6s, and we will tlak v6s for a bit as well. I don't have a 3.4L but do I still talk to 3.4L guys? yep all the time.

I mean cars are cars, I have hung out with people form geos, civics, msutangs, 240s, wrxs, they are all cars, and you share a common interest, having fun with cars.

[ September 21, 2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

Comment

we take so much crap from v8 owners. Its true, nobody can say that they've never had things said to them because "its only a 6". We're disassociated from the bigger litre engines right off the bat. The fact that THIS board is in exsistance should say enough. If things were so equal with the different engines then we'd be living in 'Perfect' like the commercial, where the home team always wins and their close never get dirty. But the truth is v8s dont respect us (except for the select few ie james and shirl, and of course path and virus).

to answer your question no, you are no wrong. but its easy to see why people would give you grief.

For the record to other people, Jess in particular because I dont want to get my butt kicked, I'm not one of the ones anonymously mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathogen:
                          Okay, I've been taking some heat recently from some V6ers who will remain nameless ... the crime is associating with persons of a higher displacement.

I am a proud member of
                          www.firebirdv6.com / www.camarov6.com
                          www.f-bodyhideout.com
                          www.easternfbody.com
                          ... and more

Two of those sites are largely V8 sites ... and I moderate the V6 section on one of them.

I am currently organizing the Caravan to SLP CAD cruise for all three sites ... if not more!

Some one tell me if I'm wrong for my actions, but dang it - I'm a supporter of F-Bodies, I get along with most F-Body owners and I don't care what's under your hood. I'm just happy to see another member of the brotherhood -period!
                          Jenn

I went through the same thing...

I am an f-body owner...doesnt matter whats under the hood.....I am a member of both ls1 and v6 f-body sites....and love the cars themselves, not the fact that ones a v8 and ones a v6
                          Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                          1996 Camaro Conv
                          2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Depends on who those V8 owners are.

Some are good guys, others are little pricks who use their big bad cars to make up for something (can we say license plates like "12SECSS"?). There are many V8 owners out there that are no better than Civic owners with Type R badges--why would you want to associate with them? They street race more than fans of the Fast and the Furious.

Don't say "an F-Body is an F-Body", that's bull. Say "a good-natured racing enthusiast is a racing enthusiast". Many V8 owners are far from enthusiasts. They're loser ricers who happen to own an F-body instead of an Integra.

Comment

I think Stefan hit the nail on the head with that one.
                              New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                              RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                              crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                              The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X