Well guys..Its final ..Ive gone import :) *Pics of my new car!* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well guys..Its final ..Ive gone import :) *Pics of my new car!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when does the T72 go in????
    2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD.:
      So when does the T72 go in????
      few months ;)
      Past Ride
      1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
      (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
      2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Ok first: Congrats on your new kickass car! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Second: You returned your 'Bird to stock?
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

nice man. your lucky [img]smile.gif[/img]
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!!!

I was gonna get one before I got my Gt4, the only thing that threw me was the rear wheel drive and it being a pertolholic! (same old fuel consumption issue & roads here need 4wd!)

They are awesome cars though and theres a massive Jap car culture here...

Not sure what you mean by a single disc clutch though? Then again, if its TRD, its bound to be sweet. If its cerametalic, then youre gonna be buying another one very soon! They're great for dragging, but lousy for gradual slipping.

You NEED a BOV (blow off Valve)..No point having a blown car and not venting off! It'll help increase the life span of the turbo and reduce spool up....and sounds evil! You'll find you'll change gears at the exact point of driving past other cars at every opportunity just so that they get a large dose of your Phtsssshhhhhhh!

You NEED a cold air induction. Will make huge diff and you'll hear the Turbo spool up, which is sexier than most things! Dont get a foam one. (despite what HKS claim)...Also, you may wanna remove the bonnet insulation. If you do, you can happily chuck your head unit out of the window!

Finally, you NEED, and cant stress this enough!, Need a Turbo timer. They get hot, switch the engine off without running oil over the bearings and the oil will boil and separate casuing serious probs. HKS/Blitz/SARD/Apex-i, etc all do em. Till then, keep it running between 1-2.5 mins depending on how hard you thrash it.

Also, if you got it direct from Japan, check brakes as standard brakes over there are smaller as all "standard" Jap cars are limited to 112Mph, thus smaller discs. (though u have an FCD so your limiter is prob in the bin somewhere!)

Jap cars are timed to run on 100 Octane. Either add octane booster or retard your timing as your knock sensor will have a field day!Once you do, reset your ECU with a hot engine and drive it like you stole it, on the fuel you'll be using the entire tank.

Finally, Enjoy that Mofo baby!....Nice one mate! ;)

Comment

Shane knows his shizzle.
              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Komster:
                WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!!!

I was gonna get one before I got my Gt4, the only thing that threw me was the rear wheel drive and it being a pertolholic! (same old fuel consumption issue & roads here need 4wd!)

They are awesome cars though and theres a massive Jap car culture here...

Not sure what you mean by a single disc clutch though? Then again, if its TRD, its bound to be sweet. If its cerametalic, then youre gonna be buying another one very soon! They're great for dragging, but lousy for gradual slipping.

You NEED a BOV (blow off Valve)..No point having a blown car and not venting off! It'll help increase the life span of the turbo and reduce spool up....and sounds evil! You'll find you'll change gears at the exact point of driving past other cars at every opportunity just so that they get a large dose of your Phtsssshhhhhhh!

You NEED a cold air induction. Will make huge diff and you'll hear the Turbo spool up, which is sexier than most things! Dont get a foam one. (despite what HKS claim)...Also, you may wanna remove the bonnet insulation. If you do, you can happily chuck your head unit out of the window!

Finally, you NEED, and cant stress this enough!, Need a Turbo timer. They get hot, switch the engine off without running oil over the bearings and the oil will boil and separate casuing serious probs. HKS/Blitz/SARD/Apex-i, etc all do em. Till then, keep it running between 1-2.5 mins depending on how hard you thrash it.

Also, if you got it direct from Japan, check brakes as standard brakes over there are smaller as all "standard" Jap cars are limited to 112Mph, thus smaller discs. (though u have an FCD so your limiter is prob in the bin somewhere!)

Jap cars are timed to run on 100 Octane. Either add octane booster or retard your timing as your knock sensor will have a field day!Once you do, reset your ECU with a hot engine and drive it like you stole it, on the fuel you'll be using the entire tank.

Finally, Enjoy that Mofo baby!....Nice one mate! ;)
                Im already ahead of you with the "You NEED" stuff ;) .....I have a HKS SSQV bov on order, it has a sorta cold air intake, and I have a Greddy turbo timer, and I have APEXI SAFC to tune it a little bit.

And yes my Firebird is back to stock.
                Past Ride

Current Ride

Comment

I bow to your mods and technical "shizzle" sir! Lol!

You'll like the SSQV!!!

Hope I didnt come accross as patronising! Hope you have deep pockets coz once you get addicted to "boost", you'll be digging deep my man!

What psi you running?...Hope the guy before you fitted cold grade plugs!

Comment

great ride ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Komster:
                      I bow to your mods and technical "shizzle" sir! Lol!

You'll like the SSQV!!!

Hope I didnt come accross as patronising! Hope you have deep pockets coz once you get addicted to "boost", you'll be digging deep my man!

What psi you running?...Hope the guy before you fitted cold grade plugs!
                      low boost is 14-15....high boost is 18....he has been runnin 3330 plugs which is a colder plug...i wont be reaching into my deep pockets for a while....ima keep it how it is for a while.
                      Past Ride

Current Ride

Comment

Congrats man!, one of my favorite import cars. My theory is, if you are going to "rice" out a car it better be a pimp one like a supra or a rx7. I wish I knew half the stuff you were talking about lol, maybe someday. The only complaint is that they are so damn small and my fat azz has a heck of a time fitting into those cars lol, but awesome car! can't wait to see it with some more mods to it!
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615442</a> <br />_ _ _ ______________________ _ _ _ <br />AIM-Samg5505

Comment

Who wants to take bets on how long it will take for shane to have it stolen, whether it's from his driveway or gunpoint. ;)

Hopefully it never happens to you, but I know out here it's a waste of my money just to have it stolen in the end. :(
                          Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

I want one darnit!! I think a nice dark pearl red would look great on that car.
                            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

hehe how does the bird feel unboosted? Distraught?

hehe
                              ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

I still say turbo timer's are a waste of money. Drive the car nice(don't boost it) for the last 5 minutes before you park, and let it sit for about 30sec to a minute before you shut it down. You shouldn't need the timer. However if you are just a lazy bastard or prone to forget, waste money on the timer and call it a day. If you do this the turbo timer *should* only stay on for about 15-45seconds anyway.
                                00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X