CHI traffic sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHI traffic sucks!

How the hell do you guys get around this town??? 80 is all jacked up, then 294 to 290 is backed up... grrrr...

Well... atleast I made it here. I think I'm right across the street from the hooters to be honest with you. Or atleast I'm very close to it [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Steve
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

I will NEVER... EVER drive in Chitown again! People who live there are a rare breed, thats for sure. I'm a laid back country boy and that sh*t had me raging like a bull in the chutes.

It took me 3 hours to get from the southwestern part to Valpo, Indiana on a Sunday afternoon! :mad:
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I believe rush hour is from ~ 2 pm to 7 pm. ;)
      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

You'll get used to it. It does suck though. A lot of a holes out there.
        99 camaro... WingsWest body kit, Billet grill, EBC Green Stuff break pads, tint\'s all the way around, magnaflow exhaust, ram air, Rebuilt trans, 3300 stall, and RS 3 alarm. FFF kit! <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/452573\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/452573</a>

Comment

Welcome to Chicago - hope you find out what you're looking for.

And yeah, for that very reason many people know shortcuts rather then taking highways to places. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

I use to deliver constuction equipment in and out chicago all day long for about 7 months, that was ummmmm fun
            Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

I'm getting around.... going to use public transportation while I'm here!!! The RTA is only 15 minutes from the hotel and about 35 to downtown. Then a 6 block walk from Grand Central and I'm at work again... yeah, but it beats the hell out of driving in that shiat!! I can sit back with my iPod and read the news paper while drinking my coffee!! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

If any CHI member has time for a dinner in town or in the Schaumburg area, let me know!! I'm bored out of my mind!!!

Steve

Comment

Driving in chicago...

If you are first at the intersection, PAY ATTENTION to the light. If you do not go INSTANTLY when it turns green we WILL push you through it.

If you are not paying attention for whatever reason, we will not only curtesy tap our horn, but we will continue to hold it to the point where you can no longer hear it just to embarass you for not knowing how to drive.

If we put our blinker on and you do not let us in, those of us in lifted jeeps will merge anyway.
                Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Yep, exactly what Keith said. Also, feel special if you get the one finger greeting. Consider it a warm hello.

Sorry I wasn't much help on the phone, not familiar with the RTA. I know the el trains and the CTA, never heard of the RTA.

Enjoy the weather - you're lucky you came this week. It's awesome out - too bad I have a friggin cold.
                  2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus:
                    Driving in chicago...

If we put our blinker on and you do not let us in, those of us in lifted jeeps will merge anyway.
                    Some of us with bigger Jeeps can get away with that given you all drive imports around here!! [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] The only ones that didn't back down to me where 18 wheelers, but they are bigger than me... so :rolleyes:

Does that mean I can put you locals out of the way too??? :D

Comment

Originally posted by epic:
                      Enjoy the weather - you're lucky you came this week. It's awesome out - too bad I have a friggin cold.
                      ROFL... enjoy the weather he says... when I don't have my bike... can I give you the 1 finger wave for that one :D

Comment

umm steve... DUH

its chicago.. they are all crazy (or maybe im just a good ole southern illinois boy)(dont get me wrong i held my own, but damn that was sucessful)
                        -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

Public transportation in this city ROCKS!! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

The RTA train to Union station and then a little taxi ride around the block :rolleyes: to my building and volia... I'm there.

I wish Detroit had mass transit like this!!!

Now if I can just find a doctor to make my back stop hurting so I can walk again... :cry:

Comment

Sorry about your back. Were you still going to Hooters this Friday? I think I may have my car together soon after that little nitrous problem. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] I am tired of working on it and the only motivation I have is to drive it to Hooter's on Friday night. :rolleyes:

Comment

I'll be there... I can use some cheering up due to the pain. I'll let you guys know here should something change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X