Time Shares?? good investment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Shares?? good investment?

well, I spent my weekend in orlando with my gf, we wanted to do something cheap before we got home on sunday and got suckered into going on a tour of some new time shares that were being built inside the gates of disney for some free tickets to disney quest...it was a very informative tour, and I almost bought in...but I didnt really know anything about them...the company I went on the tour with is called fairfield (I believe)...so any of you with timeshares or know of people with them....is it a good investment?...remembering Im only 19, should this be something I should start looking into now or what?...opinions?

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

we used to have one. some are investments, others are just pits of money that never go anywhere. being that it's close to disney, i would lean toward it being an investment.

however, i wouldn't "invest" in a timeshare at 19. get your IRAs going before you start trying to diversify yo bonds, *****.

Comment

2 Words: Real Estate

If you've got enough money to buy a time share, buy real estate instead. Much more solid investment, plus you can live in it!

-Mike
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by MTMike:
        2 Words: Real Estate

If you've got enough money to buy a time share, buy real estate instead. Much more solid investment, plus you can live in it!

-Mike
        what he said, and the IRAs are good as well. Start up on those then move on. At least in my opinion.

BTW as for Disney timeshares they are almost all decent investments.

Comment

http://clarkhoward.com/library/tips/timeshares.html
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

if anyone has ever seen that south park episode where they get a time share in aspen the answer is....no
            Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

Originally posted by maxcamaro:
              if anyone has ever seen that south park episode where they get a time share in aspen the answer is....no
              I love southpark, but would I make life choices by it?

Hell no.
              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

i've only gotten a few cds.. any info on what exactly an ira is? only have about 5k of cds anyway
                ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

thanks for the info guys....and your right mike, I was thinking of this myself, it would be a better investment to buy some real estate instead of a timeshare, and thats a pretty good website too....Im just trying to set myself up to be well-off in the finance department in the future, this just happened to be one of the things I came across, again thank you

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    4 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X