Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is worth more?

1984 Camaro or 1978 Camaro

Personnally, I have worked on both and I think 3rd Gen camaros are junk. They are a pain to work on, have cheap parts, meaning flimbsy and week panels, and they are built in the 80's

I just recently got a 1978 camaro Lt. The car is much easier to work on. body panels are way stronger and thicker sheet metal.

I know the 3rd gen weighs way less. but i'm just curious as to which is worth more. say you take a 78 and an 84 in the same condition. which is worth more. I know the 84 is faster and handles better, but in the muscle car scheme of things and the actual value. which one would you rather have.

P.S. I love the looks of the 3rd gen, but my steel tech car I built as a kid is built.
    96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

I'll give you my partial & biased opinion, the 2nd gen is. I still miss my 77 T/A, even though my current bird is in better structural condition.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

i love the 78's...i think the 2nd is worth more

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

2nd &gt; 3rd gens are usually the junker Fbod's
        Will do anything for an LS1

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X