!! THEY GOT ME!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! THEY GOT ME!!!!!!!

Dammit......they finally got me for my tint!.....grrrr....... damn P.O.S. Highland Park Cops.... oh well......can't be mad at them...just doing their job.....but man........i've driven all over jersey and haven't gotten hasseled once, even had cops say that the tint looked nice on it......dammit lol......stupid 39:3-77 F-THAT! $51 dollars but still...it's the principle that matters..........alright that ends my rant
    2002 Pewter Metallic Pontiac Firebird<br /><br />Mods: 3\" Borla Catback Exhaust, SLP Cold Air Intake, Removed Air Silencer, K&N Filter....more to come.....hopefully...

Thats not too bad. They wanted to hit me with a 150 some bucks for my tint. I ended up scraping it all off to avoid the ticket. :(
    <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

just pip in an SUV, most of them have no limits for tint, front or back.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

Damn, a tint ticket here is only like $35
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
          just pip in an SUV, most of them have no limits for tint, front or back.
          well that's just not true.
          2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
          Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

which part, and cite reference.

Law's still favor the "MPV" type vehicles over cars
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
              which part, and cite reference.

Law's still favor the "MPV" type vehicles over cars
              http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

there's your reference. Yes, they do favor them, but what you said was still wrong.

I don't know of 1 state that doesn't have a tint maximum for in front of the driver (side windows or windshield).
              Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

I use google too for reference, here's another to ponder http://www.eclipsecovers.com/tintlaws.html
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

it's always broken down from driver back, and in front of driver.. for tint laws. That list doesn't really state which is which (or maybe I just don't see it).

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

that's why it's there to ponder. I do find it amusing that the factory tint on my blazer is probally illegal in most states on a car the same year.
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Damn - you were breaking the law and got caught. What a shame.

That being said the 2 trucks and my Z all have illegal 20% on the driver & passenger door windows... and have for years. :D
                      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

that is why i don't tint my cars.
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

You might be able to save $51, but it's trouble and time.

If you plan to remove the tint, take a picture of the car with the tint removed. Include a copy of a newspaper to verify the date. If you have someone else do it, also get a clear receipt that show the work done.

Many judges will toss equipment tickets if you prove you've fixed the problem and are very polite (don't rant at them).
                          2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

wow ive had 5% all around for like close to 2 years now without a probem... and its highly illegal here in texas... i guess our cops have better things to worry about... dunno... lol
                            disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X