Who has walkeaway from this biggest crash? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has walkeaway from this biggest crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has walkeaway from this biggest crash?

Lets share some crash stories, when I was 18 I crashed my 92 3.1 Camaro. I was hurring home with the tops off and windows down.I was trying to make the green arrow on a left, so I was tailgaiting this van on the left turn. The green arrow, turned to a solide green light, I didn't notice that and I didn't see the new FORD Expedition barreling at me at 45-50mph. He hits me in the passegener side A pillar. Both myself and my passenger walk away. There is nothing like a huge *** grill two feet from your face.

I got blamed for it, even though it puzzles me why the expedition didn't slow down. I mean I was right behind a Van, he narrowly missed the van in front of me.

But most important, we all walked away.
    Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3
    Cardomain

jeez...good thing your friend was ok. it looks like the door caved in.
    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

Wow, those Expeditions are no Geos, I'm amazed there's such little damage! Luckily the only crash I've had was when I fishtailed in a L road in light rain, ended up losing the back beyond fixing and spinning out. No damage, scared the hell out of me though. That happened when I was 16, a few months ago.
      <b>1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertible</b> Not stock (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Wrecked, 3/4/06)</i><br /><b>1995 Camaro 3.4L</b> (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Sold, 8/05)</i>

Comment

I can't get any pictures up right now, but I hit a telephone pole spinning going about 85...I had no car starting at the front wheels. (Got ran off the road by a mustang ::shakes fist::
        Paramedics said they never saw someone live through a crash that bad let alone be walking and talking (I did get 28 stitches in my head though)
        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

How did they run you off the road? Did they get away with it?
          <b>1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertible</b> Not stock (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Wrecked, 3/4/06)</i><br /><b>1995 Camaro 3.4L</b> (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Sold, 8/05)</i>

Comment

Originally posted by PewterBird:
            I got blamed for it, even though it puzzles me why the expedition didn't slow down. I mean I was right behind a Van, he narrowly missed the van in front of me.

But most important, we all walked away.
            Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3
            i can tell you why the expedition didnt slow down...he probably couldnt see you because you were tailgating the van in fron of you..plus, why should he have to slow down, he had the right of way(im assuming so correct me if im wrong)..not trying to sound like an *******, so please try not to take it that way. and i havent been in any major accidents in my car, but all the other accidents i have been in were when i was riding in a f-body..and each time, they have run off the road..my buddy and i wer ein his 97 T/A when we pulled onto a side street and a deer jumped out in front of us and we ended up in a ditch(i think there was dman near 3grand worth of dammage to that car.) and then the other time my buddy and i were in his Z28 and ran off the road into a ditch because he tried to look cool and break his back end loose and couldnt recover it. bgent the frame, cracked a rim, and did a whole lot of damage to the nose(not sure how much it was to fix, but it wasnt cheap).
            1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera(The White Devil)3.3L V6 (gone)<br />New Car:2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 (The White Bull)

Comment

hehe my worst is nothing, but was goin ~35-45ish in a 25 zone, an old lady pulled out in a big old early 90s ford tauras wagon, crossed the double yellow onto my side of the road, caused me to swerve, to the right, the shoulder of the road was all gravel, I was trying to swerve back onto the road, but it car still sliding on the gravel to the right, barely clipped a tree in front of my front right headlight, did 2 360s, ended up on the toher side of the road about to hit a light pole.

Damage, cracked the front fascia, bent the bumper support, destroyed the turn signal, snapped the 8 in. diameter tree down, and the stump of the top part of the tree left a dent on my roof.

I was fine. but left some wicked 360 tire marks on the street, wiped out a tree, all while the old lady kept driving.

That car was a tank I miss my 85 camaro. I am sure same accident in my current car woudl cost like $5,000 to fix [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's what my wreck in the celica looked like, except the person hit me on the driver's side. Straight to the ER, please.
                <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

My sister and her boyfriend walked away from this:

1 | 2 | 3

They were transported to the hospital, checked out, and walked out of the hospital 2 hours later.
                  <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Well, I have walked away from all my accidents.

93-94 saturn, I was being an iddiot. 80 mph into a turn that said 25 mph. I had done 67 the week before, somehow I thought I could do it. Needless to say, 120+ ft later of skidding along the guard rail, and somewhere mid point the nose caught onto the guard rail, several 360's later I eventually stopped. Shortened the car by 1/4 inch on one side

91 mercury topaz, Again, I was being an idiot. 30-40 mph down a road by my buddies house, I turned out the headlights before a turn. Well, the tree/ sewer grate in the fork of the turn stopped me in my tracks. Both engine mounted broken, 3 flat tires, a host of other... um... broken stuff

97 firebird, again, I was being an idiot. Going around a turn on the highway, roadway in turn has many potholes, bird lost traction, driver could not regain control. New k member, a arms, 1 wheel, 1 tire, inner tie rod, outer tie rod, etc.

Near miss: http://www.woodclifflakefd.com/Apparatus.htm Click on Ladder 75 Going to a structure fire in the rain, went round a 90 degree turn, someone cut us off, we hydroplaned that F*CKING HUGE FIRE TRUCK towards a lake. Well, needless to say, driver regained control, eerie feeling though.

Near miss: 98 C5 stuffed 275 40 ZR17 dry rotted tires in the back. Went drag racing at e town. Raced the ex. Spun 1st gear, 2nd hit, @ss end went out, spun into her lane, kept in it, spun into third, eventually got trasction and went 14.9 spinning most of the 1/4 in both lanes
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by Rune:
                      How did they run you off the road? Did they get away with it?
                      He cut me off (I was on the far right lane) and the back of his car hit the front of mine and threw me over a curb and went into a spin and yeah...they didnt stop. Very considerate of them...for all they know they killed someone. That thought always in the back of their mind is sufficient penalty enough I guess [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                      Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

my only reck that caused damage was me going to down the road in the right lane and an old guy in a beat up truck got alittle too impassiant cause somene was stopped waiting to turn infront of him and decided not to look and come side by side into me. thankfully i had my window down and my arm in or other wise my window would have shaddered in my face or my arm would have been crushed. just dents and scratches on the car. i kept the car incontrol preventing myself from going up onto the curb and breaking more stuff. its an interesting site watching your mirror housing flex almost at a 90* right infront of you and not actually breaking. funny thing is he tried to keep going. needless to say i caught up with him real soon. ;)
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i haven't been in any accidents, thats why my insurance is cheap as shi7. :D
                          but my mothers driving is a whole different story, been in 11 with her. mostly just fender benders cos she apparently doesn't know how to stop or go. :rolleyes:
                          99 WS6
                          13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
                          tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

I'll go home and scan some pics tomorrow or the damaged 88 camaro sc and the damaged me.
                            2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

copy paste:

http://www.fbody.com/members/navyblue2000/WRECK1.jpg

barrier wall head on ~65mph.
                              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X