Added a new LS1 to the family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a new LS1 to the family.

Yeah.. I was just going to buy a cheap truck to haul stuff with and I wound up buying an '02 Z71.
    (If you want to skip the story all the details on the truck are at the bottom)

I was going to buy a 1995 Chevy Silverado 2WD with 72k miles on it. Only problem was that the credit union wouldn't take into consideration what kind of condition it was in(perfect) only how old it was, so when they were going to give me the loan they wouldn't give me enough money to buy it.

So my dad and I talked it over and he talked me into buying a newer truck that they would give me a better loan on.

Well, we went over to Alton Blakely Ford/Lincoln/Mazda and checked out their huge selection of trucks. I test drove a 2001 Ford F-150 extended cab (5.4L) which was really nice. It was fully loaded with everything except for a cd player for some reason. Only problem was it was modded which worried me. It had a Gibson Exhaust system, K&N CAI, fiberglass topper, Rancho shocks and tint. That's all I could actually see as far as mods go and it kinda made me hesitant since I knew it was owned by a teenager and probably abused. They wanted 19.9k for it.

The next one I looked at was the truck I actually bought

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 Off Road Extended Cab (try saying that 10 times fast)
    Auto-4WD, 2+2 doors, Tow package, CD, premium sound, security, power everything, tint, fully loaded minus leather and all wheel steer.
    33k miles
    The Loan Value on the vehicle (the least amount you can buy a car for and get a loan for) was 24.5k
    I got the truck for 22k since it was a trade in.

So now I've got another LS1 to temp my pocket book. Not that I'll have any money for mods anytime soon. It'll be probably a good 4 years before I can pay off my loan but I'll get a lot of years out of this truck before I'm ready to get rid of it.

I just can't get over how nice these new trucks are, it's so much nicer than my Hawk is. The ride is great and it has so many nice conveniences. It's got some really nice pick up for a truck, room for six, a full size bed and a maximum towing capacity of 9,800 lbs. Best part is I actually have something that can tow the Hawk to the track so now I don't really have to be concerned if I destroy my 10 bolt.

Long story short, I love my new Pick-Em Up Truck.
    <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

I still miss my old 97 Silverado. :(

I got her brand new and put every mile on her myself. Man I miss that truck!!!
    97 T-top firebird Gone but not forgotten!<br />In process of Modding a 02 Grand Am<br /> \"Dont hunt what you cant kill!\" :&gt;

Comment

Congratulations! :D

:cool:
      <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/red69falcon/\" target=\"_blank\">1969 Falcon</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/81706526iUXWli\" target=\"_blank\">1972 Harley & Misc. Project Pics</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geoci

Comment

wait i thought the Z71 was the in line 5 ????? least my moms is and i dont see any V8's online :confussed:
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
          wait i thought the Z71 was the in line 5 ????? least my moms is and i dont see any V8's online :confussed:
          Z71 is an off-road package for trucks. ;)
          <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X