Got my first speeding ticket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99firebird44:
    I'm not saying that all cops are bad, and I know he was trying to do his job, but I honestly can't believe that he had nothing better to do than to pull over the three of us on our way home from fishing for going 12 miles over the speed limit in the middle of the woods. I guess there's not enough crime in Lancaster City to keep him buisy. (yeah right)
    Something better to do? Part of his job is traffic enforcement. He was doing his job, what was the something better he should have been doing? 12 over is fairly substantial. Just admit your mistake, pay the fine, and move on.

Personally I think your friend was a dick. He is just doing the job he is paid to do. No reason to be rude to him.
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Originally posted by 99firebird44:
      firebird4u99,

I think it's rather unfair that you say I'm immature. I was merely making the best of a bad situation. Perhaps if you knew a little about the cops in my neighborhood you would think likewise. When our store was robbed, they told us after it was all over not to bother them on a saturday afternoon. And not too long ago, our neighbor was almost picked up from a convicted rapist, and the officer told her to avoid it in the future she shouldn't "dress like a slut." I'm sure if that was your daughter you'd have a different opinion on the police too. So like I said, I was making the best of a situation, so until you know how it really is, i advise you keep your mouth shut.
      I do agree that is a little out of line about the slut thing. But if people wouldn't bad mouth officers and just cooperate there would be a lot less citations.

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BiH:
        well not all cops are NICE
        I'll agree all cops aren't nice...(get pulled over by a FHP on a motorcycle wearing full garb in the middle of July in FL with no AC) But in my opinion when a cop is asking "so you guys went fishing"

that is your IN to try an make a good impression. That is the point where you could come off as a likeable nice guy who was driving a little fast on his way back form a fishing trip... no harm done no need for a ticket.

Instead, you guys went straight for the "I think I am a hardass cuz I can talk trash to someone while they are at work so they can't do anything to me or they will lose there job."

YOur friend is not "tougher" then the cop... I am sure you said you wouldn't have said it to any other random guy with a nightstick in at his side.

YOu knwo alot of times cops pull people over jsut to check everything is good. Maybe he saw your fishing gear, and thought. "Young guys, fishing gear, maybe they had a day of drinking out on the boat and were drivng"(because I am willing to bet cops have pulled over a few drunk guys in a camaro before) "I'll check it out, and if they turn up fine I will leave them alone."
        </font>[/QUOTE]I have to completely agree with the 'making a good impression' thing.

I got pulled over for 68 in a 55 by a state cop....and im 16. He asked me what i was in such a hurry for, and i was very nice and simple told him i was on my way to my girlfriends house, and that i really didnt have a reason to be speeding and that it was mearly an accident.

He told me to slow it down and have a good night. No warning, no ticket.

Comment

why burn bridges when u dont have to? do you think that cop is going to let u slide next time? and I almost never do 12 over becuase it so blatently warrants a ticket. im not trying to help gang-rape you but you may need to find your common sense lost years ago...
          The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X