My amazing Spring Break consists of... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My amazing Spring Break consists of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My amazing Spring Break consists of...

Building a guitar. Yep. There will probably be working out too.

I had a couple options, but all were too expensive. Panama City, Canada, and Delaware were all going to cost me at least 400-500 dollars. So I decided why not build that electric guitar I've always wanted?

I started with an 80's Harmony Stratocaster I got on e-bay for 70 bucks. I'm putting a reissue 70's pickup in the bridge, a classic 60's in middle, and a reissue 50's in the neck. I got all new electronics for it, so it's going to kick *** when it's done.

All in all it's costing like 150 dollars. When it's done it's going to sound like aural sex, not to mention looking similar to Hendrix's famous Fender Strat (it used to be white, but aged into a cream, almost yellow color).

After this is done I think I'll have enough toys to attempt to join a band :D
    *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

goodluck man i hope you know what your doing. Get pics when your done
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

sounds cool..

this way, u have something you can keep and not just a 500 dollar drunken trip.
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I've rewired a semi-hollowbody ES335 style axe before, and that was a major PITA. With this axe the plastic cover just comes off and everything is neatly infront of me. Should be cake.

I will be sure to get some pictures of it, and all my other gear for that matter. I've almost got enough cool stuff to warrant a photo bucket site [img]smile.gif[/img]
        *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          5 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          3 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X