Just another day. . . or i though atleast - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another day. . . or i though atleast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another day. . . or i though atleast

Time for liscense renewal, so i take my insurance papers, and old stub last year to avoid paying 2 dollars more.

The lady at the counter said i she can't renew it, it's salvaged, and printed out what see was reading on the computer. :mad:
    Turns out someone wanted to be a dick to me and entered into the computer my car is "Trash/Salvage", so i can't get my sticker. I have to go all across town fill out paper work to get this crap corrected, and my spring break was already depressing. . .

A year back a cop was being an *** to us, and legally couldn't get us in trouble, (i had nothing to do with this problem, cop was out to get us), so he took it out on me i guess, cuz he couldn't get to my parents. That is what i assume, cuz how else could this happen??

So now i have to take my car, bring my title, to someplace and get it fully inspected to verify it isn't salvaged. there better not be any extra fee's.
    1998 Rally Red Camaro
    Manual 5, T-Tops
    Ebony Leather Interior, Kicker Audio System

does the title/registration you have in your hand say that it's salvaged?
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

No ! Clean Title, bought may 2003. 3rd owner.
      The computer says, " auguest 22 2005 " " Salvage Title", i never wrecked my car, never got hit. I didn't bring my title (who would have thought to) to the re-newal office? what's it called.
      1998 Rally Red Camaro
      Manual 5, T-Tops

Comment

I suggest you go back, preferably the main branch and get it fixed. If not, and you try to sell the car later, you're not going to get anythign close to what you would normally.
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

also, it could affect you if you get in an accident & insurance is liek "A A slavaged car huh? we don't have to appraise it for anything."
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Yeah, they gave me directions to where i can get this taken care of. No way i'm leaving the salvage remark on my car's file. I'm driving over there right now with my title and a form they said i needed to correct this: Application for Assigned/Re-assigned Number.

Problem i have is: If i get a new vin number (wtf, can't they remove the incorrect info from the computer and replace with normal info?) Because this means if i sell the car in the future (i don't wanna, but just saying) that i'll have to say: This car had 2 vins, had to get it re-assigned * * * * Very Suspcious???? I wouldn't buy a car from someone who said that. Maybe i'm not understanding what this forms says, but i'm gonna ask to make sure it stays the same vin number and that my file should be cleared and corrected.

I'll tell you what happeneds when i come back.
            1998 Rally Red Camaro
            Manual 5, T-Tops

Comment

maybe tit means a new title number? I don't see them doing major surgery on your car to give it a new bar code VIN.
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Tax Collectors Office (tag renewal) sent me to DPS headquarters, they sent me to motor theft department, and they weren't there from 2pm-5pm, long lunch. . . Next day i call tx motor theft number and no answer.

So i ask a lawyer for advice, he gives me the number to DOT, 4 minutes later they corrected the mistake.

I asked (Tx Dps lady)if this could have been a mistake like mis-typing a vin number, and she said no. Couldn't be a mistake. So who has the power to do this i asked, to say if a vehicle is junked/salvaged, and dps lady said only an officer of the law. But why did they want to send me to motor theft dept to fix this?

I can only assume that the salvage remark was so i couldn't get new tags, but that it was also labeled as stolen, since dps told me to contact the theft department.

So i have be driving since aug 05, and if i got pulled over i could have been thrown in jail and my car impounded.

Atleast its taken care of now, i didn't have to mess around with any paper work, each office kept passing me along till i got ahold of dot. Faxed a copy of title and it's fixed [img]smile.gif[/img]
                1998 Rally Red Camaro
                Manual 5, T-Tops

Comment

wow i dont wanna piss off any san antonio cops... lol... glad ya got the problem fixed though..
                  disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

For all you ignorant people in here that have it out for cops just so you know a cop can’t change your title from clean to salvage, that is a mistake that someone at the DMV made most likely when you registered your vehicle when you bought it. I imagine you were doing something stupid to get the officer mad at you in the first place but that is beside the point. Cops have nothing to do with changing your car’s registration dude, get a ****ing clue. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] :mad:

Comment

Whatever the reason, may 2003 i bought the car, my car, title in my name. clean title. auguest 2005, someone entered info regarding my vehcile that was incorrect. For 2 years (04, 05)i got new tags no problem, someone did this dude. Dps said there is no way to make a mis-spelt vin number, it was put there for a reason.

1.) I never hit anyone
                      2.) No one ever hit me
                      3.) No speeding tickets or any other kind

I didn't do anything stupid for a cop to dislike me. I haven't even spoken to any cops in the first place for them to dislike me.

Who else could have done this? My relative pissed off the local cops here, and they fined him a lot he never paid. He left the area on bad terms. Now they are still upset and found out he is our relative, for example: fined my dad for *working on the weekends*, bougus ticket just to piss us off. They don't care to hear we have nothing to do with our uncle.

Maybe the local cops had nothing to do with this, whatever, some officer filed a report to mess with me.
                      1998 Rally Red Camaro
                      Manual 5, T-Tops

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X